revision of Indiana Jones Lost Journal

Nice work on the timeline! I’m not sure if it helps (or if you’ve already found them) but I’ve been referring to this for the full timeline and this for explanations of many parts of it to refresh my memory after watching episodes or reading material.

Okay, it took a while but I took photos of the drawing from my DVD set, used a scanning app to put them in black and white, carefully remove all the scanning artifacts, and replaced the text with my font for Indy. I will do this for all, but have only finished it for the Mexico Map. I have attached the original photo, the scan version, the version without text, and a screenshot of the final thing.
A note on the font. I use 3 different fonts in my Journal, all carefully chosen to look like they are the same person as their handwriting changes:
FG Rochelle Regular 1908-1910
Deluxe Edition (I used the free demo and replaced the punctuation with Haypearl Demo) 1912-1914
Escape Signature 1916 onward
My logic was that I wanted to show handwriting change and, thinking of my own, it changes a lot from 8-12 and from 12-16 but after 16 it has been reasonably consistent. I chose the fonts to have similar Fs, Ss, Es and As in both capital and lower case, be similar to souces I found for the screen props and Indy's signature, and get steadily more streamlined and smooth as he ages, since that's what my handwritting has done

Attachments

• Doc Mar 05, 2024, 22_33-1.jpg
    Doc Mar 05, 2024, 22_33-1.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 17
  • Mexico Map Orig.png
    Mexico Map Orig.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 17
  • Mexico Map.png
    Mexico Map.png
    303.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Mexico Map w-Font.png
    Mexico Map w-Font.png
    152.4 KB · Views: 21
I found this postcard that was apparently a original prop from the show. Luckily found the same image through rever image search. I'd say this might have been in Indy's Journal as well
Its the French 1928 monument for Escadrille Lafayette. These postcards are genuine to but use it context for Indy it can only be used from 1928 onwards.

Attachments

• Escadrille Lafayette plane.jpg
    Escadrille Lafayette plane.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 11
  • D200 080531 Nieuport 17 web 01.jpg
    D200 080531 Nieuport 17 web 01.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 9989804.jpg
    9989804.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Insignia of the Lafayette Escadrille painted on the standard clear-doped and varnished linen f...jpg
    Insignia of the Lafayette Escadrille painted on the standard clear-doped and varnished linen f...jpg
    296 KB · Views: 9
  • Pilot's flying log book. This is the log book of British air ace Lieutenant Alexander George V...jpg
    Pilot's flying log book. This is the log book of British air ace Lieutenant Alexander George V...jpg
    306.6 KB · Views: 9
  • reconnosance photo WWI young indy.jpg
    reconnosance photo WWI young indy.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 15
  • spf indy.jpg
    spf indy.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 13
I have completed cleaning up the Charles Church scan I did. I intentionally removed the watercolor sections since I plan to either add that by hand or more likely leave it out. Hope it helps with anyone doing their own pages!

Attachments

• Charles Church.png
    Charles Church.png
    229.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Charles Church.png
    Charles Church.png
    436.9 KB · Views: 11
My most recent diary from Magnoli had less pages than the previous ones I had purchased. Not sure what happened there. I as short about 20 pages I think. Though on his website he says its 300+ pages.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back