Staff of Ra Head Piece

Someone who owns both the Disney Parks and Dark Matter headpieces told me they're both pretty hefty in the hand.

Since weight was my major concern, being a cosplayer rather than a collector, I decided to keep the inexpensive Disney Parks headpiece and try my hand at doing a quick weathering job.

I think the weathering greatly improves the gleaming sterile factory Disney Parks look. Here it is on the Dark Matter necklace.

(Yes I know the necklace belongs on the Raven Bar version, but I like the Imam version better.)

laMts67.jpg

My Michael Key medallion is bronze using the same mold (more detailed than Acme Artifacts, but less than Acme, so probably one or two removed). I got the details for that one from the guy that sold it to me. His wife's uncle worked at Elstree supposedly and drilled it there for him using an Indy Magnoli style mount and made him a full sized staff of Ra, which is now mounted in my home theater room.

View attachment 1620911

View attachment 1620912

View attachment 1620913
My RA piece is from Red Four. I didn't make it. You might be thinking of the MK idols I did back in the day.

My RA piece is from Red Four. I didn't make it. You might be thinking of the MK idols I did back in the day.
I was just going by what the guy on eBay told me. Maybe he meant it was the same medallion that you have, which apparently makes it a Red Four, then.

Your picture in the next post looks exactly like it in natural lighting. I don't have the outdoor photos on my phone offhand, though. I could post it when I get home. I think it might be in a different thread on here somewhere,but I'm not sure.

I assume the rest of his story about his wife's uncle who worked at Elstree having drilled it for him there, but I only have his word for it. The drilling was apparently to match a mount from Indy Magnoli (as it looks like his mount exactly).

I do have the drill holes photos on here, though.
WP_20190522_23_21_09_Pro.jpg WP_20190522_23_20_49_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
I totally forgot about the "MK" (apparently actually "Red Four") photos I was going to post to compare. These were taken outdoors by the guy that sold it to me from eBay. The medallion is brass.

BrassMedallion 02.jpg BrassMedallion 01.jpg

Staff and staff attachments it came with:

BrassMedallion 04.jpg BrassMedallion 05.jpg

Full Staff in my home theater room on display:

Staff of Ra Egypt Base 01.jpg Staff of Ra Egypt Overview 01.jpg

Does anyone have a profile/ measurements of the actual staff piece as I am on the process of making my own replica for part of my university work and any help with dimensions would be greatly appreciated.

Someone who owns both the Disney Parks and Dark Matter headpieces told me they're both pretty hefty in the hand.

Since weight was my major concern, being a cosplayer rather than a collector, I decided to keep the inexpensive Disney Parks headpiece and try my hand at doing a quick weathering job.

I think the weathering greatly improves the gleaming sterile factory Disney Parks look. Here it is on the Dark Matter necklace.

(Yes I know the necklace belongs on the Raven Bar version, but I like the Imam version better.)

View attachment 1722028

I absolutely love those clasps. Such a simple thing but they do an excellent job of not taking you out of the intended era.

I also went ahead and painted my disney version. I think it turned out alright. And I got a necklace from Etsy. And just learned in this thread that there are different version of the necklace...

I also went ahead and painted my disney version. I think it turned out alright. And I got a necklace from Etsy. And just learned in this thread that there are different version of the necklace...

Just a hint for those who need videos like this, if you're going to have close up cut away shots then make sure you hold the thing still so people can actually see what you're trying to show them

(I do painting tutorials)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back