Luke's Lightsaber Mando series finale.

Hey guys, i just read through the thread from where i got mentioned. I am not sure what i can say. I know what i had seen.

5 creepy uncles. I remember saying "close enough i guess" to my self.

My guess is they used the hilts they had on hand ready to ship.

But I do know they shopped around.

On here.

So who's sold at least 5 rotj sabers in one exchange in 2019?

did it come from the vault or us?

hmmmmmm

I didn’t see that we determined that it specifically wasn’t?
It is definitely not a creepy uncle V4. The geometry isn’t there.

(again talking about the belt hanger in the final scene and probably the insert shot in the loading bay)
6C3A23A5-9706-433F-93E3-B44CE0CD9004.jpeg

creepy uncle replica up top.
mando screencap in the middle.
Rylo reveal on bottom (plastic arrows not vinyl option) (used your photo The 48th Ronin)

I think we can at least concede that the Rylo geometry matches even if it definitely is not a Rylo reveal.
7B22F8C9-2768-4497-8D3C-0F368398BA42.jpeg

I can’t express enough how unlikely a perfect mirror lineup is- even at the wrong focal angle- unless it is the same thing

Last edited:
Just using my eyes... it doesn’t mean there wasn’t a 6th you didn’t see. I’ve worked ‘on set’ too some things are there all the way through and some things are a surprise. The photos and screen grabs are compelling visual evidence that’s all I can say.

Last edited:
We have screenshots from the show that show one without the holes. We also see the prop on the table with all the other props, and it doesn’t have those holes. Even can see the weird R2 with the shoulder nipples in the background.

Attachments

• 584EE04A-D509-4823-9BEA-9CD45ED843F4.png
    584EE04A-D509-4823-9BEA-9CD45ED843F4.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 237
  • 19544CA1-29B5-4E92-A1EA-335C8101359E.jpeg
    19544CA1-29B5-4E92-A1EA-335C8101359E.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 231
I know guys. But i also know how they spent their money. 1700+ for a rylo was not happening. They could have easily filled the holes after taking to me. Also another more probable senario is that they just machined new sabers. Theres so much i want to tell you that i can't that would help you guys. Soon hopefully.

I know guys. But i also know how they spent their money. 1700+ for a rylo was not happening. They could have easily filled the holes after taking to me. Also another more probable senario is that they just machined new sabers. Theres so much i want to tell you that i can't that would help you guys. Soon hopefully.
What was your on set role?

It looks like Rylo’s control box is a little higher than the series saber. I’m looking at the distance from the bottom of the black buttons to the bottom of the control box.

I'm a propmaker. Local 44. I built a lot of the sets. I helped them with the dark saber and asokas. I also did a lot of standby during shooting. I talked to the prop master and coordinator every week or two. I was in their shop a lot. I got to see everything. Every one knew i was a fan and built starwars props. They loved it and endulged me. I think thats the right word. Any ways. I know a lot of you have set experience too. And you guys are eagle eyes. You know SW. Thats why i love being a part of this community. I hold you guys in the highest regard. Its hard to be on here doing what i do and not completely share it with you.

Last edited:
I believe the buttons are glued on the Rylo Reveal so they could potentially move? Owner correct me if I’m mistaken.

This ones for Sundowner ’s point.
85BE74C0-072F-49DA-BDBF-0ECDCC9B0171.jpeg

Blur and view angle aside- aligned next to the the screencap. boochydog ’s Rylo photo

Redacting this comment.

I’ll just be guided by the photos available to us and whatever we come to discover in the future related to the show’s production and show-running.

Last edited:
Bryan, black buttons were separate and could be glued on in any location.

I need to move mine slightly left. Also need to move my green arrow slightly to the right. The whole thing was due for a repaint anyway.

2F13DF90-E70A-4824-BAC8-948D8D7D5A02.jpeg

There could be lots of reasons why what coolhanluked saw is different from the screenshots we have. *****, this is like when mortifactor helped us with the Hoth blaster, and the RPF grilled him over the scope bracket disc. can we at least be a bit more appreciative?

Usually 1 or 2 cryptic messages is all we get and we're usually fine debating about what they mean, and sometimes they didnt even see the same prop OR we were wrong about it, and it all comes out in due time one way or another.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back