Jedi lightsaber from BOBF and Mando Season 3

Now that the Disney Gallery BTS for mando season 3 is out, I have made a small tweak to the model for more accuracy. It's just on the pommel where the end cap is now flat.
Here is a pic of the pommel (sorry for the low quality, i had to zoom in.
1688042229809.jpgflat.jpg

On thing I also noticed is that it is in fact the same saber as the book of boba fet... In the BOBF the saber had a green lit blade and blue on mando. Here we can see that Ahmed is carriying both sabers and the lights are swapped. His main hilt is lit blue and the YP is gree like in BOBF. Seems that they are using normal neopixel blades now. Another piece of evidence is that when the sabler is on the floor we see it from a different angle and you can barely see the brass switch on the bottom, but its there.
1688042229889.jpg1688042229730.jpg
Again sorry for the poor quality.

So I had already had started modeling his main saber before this episode came out, but it was about 75% complete. Now with the newer videos I got it about 90 to 95% complete... There is only one little detail I just don't know what it is.
1688042229690.jpg1688042229768.jpg1688042229648.jpg
So here is my model
The Best10.jpgThe Best12.jpgThe Best11.jpg
comparison.jpg

The question remains...

Whats under his index finger...anyone know?
index.jpg

I think you should tweak the youngling slayer pommel a little bit more. It looks like on the small side and the teeth don't rrally match. Just constructive criticism, you did a great job modeling it.

I think you should tweak the youngling slayer pommel a little bit more. It looks like on the small side and the teeth don't rrally match. Just constructive criticism, you did a great job modeling it.
ill have another look, but consider that perspective comes in to play a lot here... have to watch more angles and such...

Pomel.jpg

Sizewise It's 10.5 inches, its more average size than small, But I could change it if I knew the real size of the prop. I scaled this one more in the size of the prequel era.
sizes.jpg

I do appreciate the criticism, it makes me improve and look at things that I might be overlooking or ignoring.

Last edited:
So here is the current state of the Youngling Saviour. I made changes to the fins suggested by Anakin Starkiller by adding 2 more.
Updated model.jpg

Just dont know what goes where the 2 blue bits are... Anyone here would like to share their underground knowledge and help me complete this?

Thanks.

Ok so I do not feel comfortable with this but I just saw Saberbays rendition of Kelleran Beq's saber and their verison has only 1 blue dot. I believe that it is easier to add a second dot than to remove it so I will use their approach. It's the only bit of information I do not have and need to complete mine. Honestly it looks odd to me with just one but oh well.

Untitled 22.jpg

So I was not going to make Kelleran Beq's main hilt but I have a very interested customer that made an offer and well i just couldn't resist.
I already have ordered prototypes for it and should have them in about 2 more weeks.

Youngling-Saviour.jpgYoungling Saviour core.jpgYoungling Saviour chassis.jpg

This one will not have a cutout like the Youngling protector but will have a crystal chamber and a removable chassis. So there is a possible small run comming up and those who got on the Youngling protector run will get a discount on this one.

Thanks

Little update on the Kelleran Beq main hilt. I got pictures from the prototypes. These are still in the shop and need to be completed, The surface finish on the emitter shoud needs to match the body. I also made a led bar instead of using existing ones, I decided this late in the game but fortunately it didnt cause much delay. The reason i did this is because on a Proffie board we do not have enough out pins for each LED on the graph so I was gling to wire them in pairs... that sucks... So I made my own led bar graph using neopixels... With the help of shadowfoil we made a PCB for this and will be a lot easier to wire than 10 individual leds. So once the new metal led bar is done the prototypes will ship to me and install will be next.

Here are som pics of the protos as they are at the moment and a render of the PCB
Prototype01.jpgPrototype02.jpg

ledbar01.jpgledbar02.jpgledbar03.jpg

Oh and one final thing, given that Darkwolf called his Kelleran beq style hilt "Saviour", I will have to change mine. Not sure what to call it for now.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back