Jedi lightsaber from BOBF and Mando Season 3

If you want to keep the "Youngling _________ " format, with the character having been introduced in Jedi Temple Challenge, I'd consider "Youngling Challenger" as an option.

Prototypes arrived.. Ill take more pics later today.
IMG-20230918-WA0036.jpg

Here's my finished Youngling Protector!

I went fairly light with the weathering and may back it off a bit more still. Only change from stock was to use real clear LEDs rather than the included printed parts.

First step was to knock down the factory new shine with some Scotchbrite. All of the other weathering is reversible:

- A couple coats of Testors Dullcote (matte clear).
- Smoothed and rubbed some of the clear away with paper towels and Scotchbrite, focusing mainly on the emitter end as that is brighter than the rest of the saber in the screencaps.
- A light dirty acrylic paint wash - the matte clear gives the wash something to stick to. The wash lifted the clear in a few spots so afterwards I blended the bare spots with an alcohol wipe (use a dabbing motion), followed by a couple of rounds of selective misting of more dullcote and wash application.
- Brass slider aged with Aluminum Black and silver paint edge highlights on buttons to mimic wear as in the screencap

IMG_6241.jpeg IMG_6242.jpeg

This was a fun, quick build - thanks for making such a well engineered prop!

First of all I want to say "THANK YOU SO MUCH" to my boy, my master, my mentor and friend Gustavo Canales aka "Guabe" for let me work with him and also with sooo talented people like my another boy and friend Christian Cruz who desinged the box with an amazing concept art and also with Mate Slate who does a stunning work for the "YP" in his weathering version. This proyect has been an amazing journey for learning so many things, I just can say "THANKS" to these guys , but in special to you, Dear Customer, who trust in this proyect ... BIG SHOUT OUT :D:D:D:D

So, once said that, I wanna share with you what you can expect for the "Youngling Protector" in his installed version.

Specifics:
-Proffie 3.9
-24mm Speaker
-CC Sabers NPXL conector
-Nylon Chassis designed by Gus
-Kill Swith
-2 button setup
-CC with Kyber made from resin
-6.9 O.S.

Attachments

• YP.jpg
    YP.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 42
  • YP 2.jpg
    YP 2.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 54
  • YP 3.jpg
    YP 3.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 42
  • YP 4.jpg
    YP 4.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 47
  • YP 5.jpg
    YP 5.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 40

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back