jvear12190

Hello everyone, I am new to this so I hope you guys may find this thread or post interesting, maybe even helpful, or inspire you to make your own suit. I was hesitant to star one of these because I wasn’t sure if my work but now on starting on my second attempt I figured I could take the time to this time show the step my step on how I made my suit. Bellow is the finished first attempt and after further research I see that I can improve, hence the start of a v2.
29B1AA98-EFAB-4EE8-9B83-9BD8135AEBF7.jpeg
24A8CC24-1246-4350-A00E-B7026D072FA9.jpeg
I will be adding to this tread going into detail step by step on How I make the v2 and on the suit details that make it screen accurate.

*Update*
Hello everyone so I’ve been making some progress on my v2 of this suit and so far I’ve been modifying scratch threads pattern to get a more movie accurate pattern. It’s mainly the lines on the black part of the suit, the webs and the texture of the suit.
5C3C21D1-CB9A-4AB9-AC35-163DBAFD0404.jpeg
since I am screen printing it, I have to make the pattern as a vector with alignment guides (the flower shapes along the patter) since it has a raised texture, I’ll go I to more destacó in a sec, After all of that was done I had to print it on transparency sheets, and since I don’t want to spend more money than I already have I just bought some transparency sheets from Amazon and printed out the pattern and taped it together ,because getting them done at a shop can be really expensive. Now because the suit has some raised texture over the lines like in the image bellow, this one is from Aaron Alexander’s Instagram page showing a set piece from the suit showing it has a raise texture.
B5C772F6-57D7-4913-B43C-4C5BB6613FAA.jpeg
95C0AD54-6EEB-477A-9D5F-240E3C97DF3D.jpeg
I had to make a duplicate of those select raise lines. And now back to those guides they serve as a guide when I am screen printing to overlay the raised lines over the flat ones here is how it looks the raised and the flat lines on the transparency sheets
D25746D9-C0DC-41DE-84CE-1B76A9990553.jpeg
my v1 of this suit does not have the raised lines and after some research I found that the suit is actually more detailed than I thought, having raised lines all over the suit not just on the arms and forearm but also on the sides back and the thighs. Currently right now I am still printing and putting everything together the next update will be the webs and the raised basketball texture on the red part of the suit.

*update*
Hello again everyone! I am back with updates, I have been busy with everyday things and I was finally able to print up and assembled the webbing and texture vectors

The first image is the sheets together and the second is the sheets apart.

4F04779E-A52F-4916-A1EB-D13240E248BA.jpeg

C806B146-B809-4512-A6A2-97E7D5FFAE3C.jpeg

Also I am not ignoring the comments left on this thread I just don’t quite know how to responde to them just yet I am still new to this platform, I do not have an Instagram just yet to post content, I am still considering it. The next step now after having everything printed out is fabrics, I will be posting updates soon, thank you to everyone who is following this thread and those who have showed interest in my little project thank you all!!

*UPDATE*
Hey everyone!! Sorry for the lack of updates I just got back from vacation and also finishing the screen printing my TASM 1 suit. I am currently screen printing the black sections of the suit starting with the arms, so far after some test with the ink I am to a point where I am happy with the raised details of the print.
31EC8B4E-039A-4294-8363-6A7C78EBFB3F.jpeg
C83923F4-87FD-49A6-9E0F-FA991DF61800.jpeg
I will be updating you guys more once I start on the red sections!

*UPDATE*
I am currently printing the red sections and here’s a pic of the boot I just did, it came out pretty good
A3F20B21-D77E-43C0-9CE7-1DBBE80AFEA0.jpeg

Attachments

• DED8D621-3075-4FB3-BAF7-D51EA54EEECF.jpeg
    DED8D621-3075-4FB3-BAF7-D51EA54EEECF.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 152
  • 04946B05-E8FE-4B46-8242-AADCFA06DD78.jpeg
    04946B05-E8FE-4B46-8242-AADCFA06DD78.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 154
Last edited:
you inspired me to do the same but I just cant find anywhere online to get screen printing patterns like this. Where do I go for them?
I actually make them myself, I purchase the pattern through scratch threads and I edit them in a photo editing program to make them as vectors fancy word to say outlines, I use affinity but photoshop works too. Then i print them with a regular printer on to transparency sheets and I assemble the sheets together using transparent scotch tape. it’s actually very simple to do it just takes a lot of time. I don’t know of any one who sells them ready to be screen printed.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back