SPACE 1999: Moon Buggy 1/6 scale.

I see your model has Koenig's butt imprint on the seat. :lol:

TazMan2000
Attention to detail!
For reference my model is an upscaled version of the 1:24 scale version which sat on the landing pads and has curved sides, in contrast to the real buggy's which are straight.

While I'm waiting for the paint to dry, in TinkerCad, I thought I would make some cargo for the back of the Moon Buggy like Radiation Canisters.

Radiation Canister.JPG

TazMan2000

Last edited:
Taking this one step further...to lampoon the show, Moonbase Alpha wasn't a nuclear storage facility or a military base...It was a brewery. It wasn't a nuclear explosion that hurdled the moon out of orbit... :lol:

TazMan2000

Thanks joberg & anamorphicWayne

The seats and control sticks aren't glued on yet. The base plate on which the control sticks rest, and the engine/seat cover are designed to be removable to access the motor (yet to be installed) and the battery for the headlights. I still have to print out the throttle. Of course the decals need to be finished as well. I may use auto pinstriping for the black lines, but haven't decided.

TazMan2000

I don't have anything 1/6th scale in my collection except for this Bandai Stormtrooper. His size of 12.3 inches makes him look oversized, or my model look undersized. According to my research the body of the Amphicat was 81 inches long and mine is just short of 13.5 inches long, so I'm close.
Instead of decals I went with the clear Avery Sticker Paper designed for inkjets, and another white vinyl sticker paper for the flags and white background items which really doesn't hold the ink well.
I still have to glue the rear view mirrors, gas tank cap, and do a couple of more stickers such as the dashboard and headlights, not to mention the black striping, but it turned out better than I expected. It's a bit of a idealized version so I'm not including a exhaust muffler. In space, nobody can hear you backfire. I would assume that if this vehicle were real, it would be electric.

Aren't you a bit tall for a Stormtrooper?
IMG_3044.JPG
IMG_3045.JPG

TazMan2000

Very cool TAZMAN, I always love these space 1999 ships this buggy is top notch as you always do on everything you build great detail keep it going also it reminds me of that vintage GI Joe lost idol set buggy but yours is much better Thanks for sharing love it

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back