SPACE 1999: Moon Buggy 1/6 scale.

TazMan2000

Master Member
Since this has progressed more than just a 3D design I decided to create a separate thread. The Amphicat had a few models, but the earlier bodies generally remained the same. Trailer clearance/marker penny lights were just about the perfect size for the headlights. The next couple of days I will print out the tires and the control sticks. The flag decals on the original filming vehicle were not the same as on the space suit, so I will change that. Later on in the series they also took off the mirrors, possibly to accommodate going into a garage/airlock.

1999 Moon Buggy4.JPG

IMG_3015.JPG

IMG_3016.JPG

TazMan2000

TazMan2000

Master Member
I used screen caps from the series and anything I could find online. Let me know and I could send you some. Or post them here.

I have some screen caps too, mostly from Catacombs, but I didn't see much for an extensive dashboard. Just a simple one. I'd like to design one that takes up most of the dashboard.

TazMan20000

anamorphicWayne

Sr Member
I found Armorcoat Rust - Holland Yellow worked well, regarding the color. The only issue I had with the paint was how runny it was when I sprayed it. But after it cured, it was swell.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.