Limited Run SNW Phaser Metal Upgrade Parts Kit

Kokanee

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello all,

Very happy to open this up for orders. I am doing a run of metal parts in a kit to upgrade the excellent Limeybuilds SNW Phaser (version 3).
That prop can be found here: Strange New Phaser | 3D Print Model

DETAILS

The parts kit will consist of:

• Emitter assembly (six parts)
  • Trigger unit
  • P1 Grill
  • P2 Adjustment Dial assembly (two parts)
  • P1 Wheel
  • P1 stun/kill indicator assembly
  • P2 Locking lug assemblies (two parts each)
  • Rear fins
  • 5mm “ultra bright” 3V LED prewired (blue) for emitter
    *3mm “ultra bright” 3V LEDs prewired (2 blue, 2 red) for indicator
Material will be cnc machined 6061 aluminum, with two parts being machined in clear acrylic then tumbled for a frosted finish.

PRICING

This kit will be available as either a complete set, or as other packages. Pricing is as follows:

• Package A: Complete set: $149.99USD + shipping
  • Package B: “No tip please”: $115USD + shipping (everything but the emitter)
  • Package C: “Just the sides”: $99USD + shipping (everything but the emitter and side dial)
This is to accommodate those who have purchased other kits prior.

ORDERING

This is a PREORDER process. A 50% deposit will be required to confirm your order before the run closes (FEB 4th). The remained of your order with shipping will be due upon the completion of production. Fulfillment of orders will be achieved by ensuring that all placed orders ship no later than 11th March 2023. Apologies the timeline is a bit long on this one, but as this will be the only run, I want to ensure everyone has a chance on this.

FYI I don’t like to keep stock, so won’t be ordering much of an overage on this. If you want a set, best to commit to an order and secure yours.

To place your preorder, please fill out this form: SNW Phaser Metal Kit Order Form
I will then be in touch to arrange payment via PAYPAL.

STRETCH GOAL

If I hit 50 orders for COMPLETE KITS, I will design, produce and make available AT COST a brass, acrylic and aluminum stand for the completed prop, as thanks to those who have placed orders. This stand will only be available to those purchasing a package, and will be a limited run.

WHO IS THIS GUY?

I’m an independent prop maker trying to make interesting and cool props for a reasonable price point.

With previous SNW Communicator parts kits and antennas successfully delivered and a limited run for the TOS “Heartbeat Detector” prop, I hope that my previous work will speak for itself regarding the quality you’ll be able to expect on this kit.

Portfolio here: Portfolio | Mysite

THE SAUCE

Here are some screen shots of parts designs and prototype parts. There may be minor changes made in terms of dimension, tolerance and fit once parts are approved for production.

01.jpg

03.jpg

ind01.jpg
ind02.jpg

76f8fdfe9191a96be416b8a2ca89bbda797b1536.jpeg

7065ac983c8c89fca4006824176968e1db85831e.jpeg

f826f87ebfb68d4b0cd8cafabe1022ddf6beccd8.jpeg

119d1ae89d827ccd21b08d6e29596bd20280a482.jpeg

This run is being done across multiple boards and groups. List of orders here:

1) BingoMaru
2) modelerdave
3) Fett_Ish
4) Nurturer
5) Enterprise0216
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Last edited:
To respond to demand, parts can now be ordered individually:

* Emitter assembly (six parts) $ 55
* Trigger unit $20
* P1 Grill $20
* P2 Adjustment Dial assembly (two parts) $10
* P1 Thumbwheel $10
* P2 stun/kill indicator assembly $35
* P2 Locking lug assemblies (two parts each) $22.5 (for a pair)
* Rear fins $17

Order form: SNW Phaser Metal Kit Order Form

This is off to production!

Ended up with 53 orders, so hit the stretch goal and I'll get to designing the deluxe stand.

A few members here expressed interest, but never followed through with filling out the order form. I have ordered a few extra kits, but I don't have time to chase people down, so apologies if you "missed the boat".

I made a few last minute tweaks and changes to the designs:

• rearward most two parts of the emitter screw together vs brass rod for strength;
  • “speed holes” in trigger moved downward to better match screen reference materials.
  • trigger mount tweaked for fit
0ccd7e204b8cb0b4377c3440af1a91cc75361c2f.png

Last edited:
Dont know how I missed this. Please keep me in mind should there be any overages/unclaimed. -Thanks

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back