Sneaking things into the movies?

I find it questionable that you snuck four people into a movie, thus taking up seats that people who paid for a seat could have used, but are so offended by people eating when concession stands sell noisier foods than that.

Would you find it questionable if I informed you the two events you reference were 25+ years apart? Would you find it questionable if I corrected your assumption that my issue with the KFC family wasn't the noise but the smell? Would you find it questionable if I agreed with society that 2 + 2 = 4? :lol

Just some candy and in the end it wasn't worth it as it melted in mom's purse. Plus the popcorn there is better than candy but it's noisy too.

Brought in McDonnalds on more than one occasion.
My GF at the time used her massive purse to sneak in a plethora of snacks including beef jerky, candy and soda.
Id rather NOT sneak in treats, but at the prices they charge for what they offer how could you NOT want to bring in your own stuff.

I haven't taken anything bizzare in before, just your usual snacks. However I can think of two stories.. once this summer a friend and I went to see a movie and he grabbed some Chinese food in before hand. During the ads I kept telling him to close the box because it stank, and the people next to us were laughing and offered to swapped seats because they loved the smell.

Another story I know is of a friend of mine, she was probably in her late 60s, her son was part of a crew (don't remember what he did, but he was credited) in some movie (a big summer blockbuster) a few years back, the mother, my friend was so proud that she went to see the movie when it was released. She took out her digital camera at the end of the film just to take a picture of her sons name in the credits on the big screen. The cinema staff kicked her out and banned her from the cinema!!

If you want to see a movie and not be bothered by others, stay at home. Our Theaters here carry Starbucks and Dryers Ice Cream, I hope the Smell of the espresso and the slurping of the cone doesn't offend someone. I don't talk during movies, shut off my cellphone etc. but F-off if my "Crinkling" some candy bothers you, even though I'm not much of an "Eater" during movies. Somebody wants to eat Subway or KFC, I don't give a rip, if you're that easily distracted, blame the movie for not keeping your attention.

A friend and I did sneak in Southern Comfort to ply our dates with while we saw "White Men Can't Jump"...Let's say that if my friend wasn't 6'5 and massive, we would have gotten killed that night when one of the girls got drunk and started yelling at the movie. I'll stick to Gummys and Twix/kit kats from now on.

:lol

Unless the movie theatre bans the sale of all food in the theatre, you have no point.

Excepting of course by buying the theater food they are in effect buying the right to make noise in the theater.

You want your local theaters to continue to deteriorate, keep supporting them in that manner.

Theaters get very little of the ticket money.

It's up to you.

I took a half bottle of Vodka mixed into a large bottle of cream soda into Slipstream.....after half an hour, i'd have sworn it wa the best film i'd ever seen......can't remember leaving the cinema ,though.....

Rich

I brought Mongolian BBQ in a takeaway box into the theater once. Smelled so good, but I had to sit behind everyone so that it wouldn't be seen. If I'm going to the theater I want to sit in the middle. Best surround and best view of the screen are more important than eating something.

I sneak candy in all the time. They sell candy; I have candy. It makes it hard to detect and it's much easier to sneak in.

On a side note: I had a friend who worked at a theater so we would preview the movies after we spliced the film together to make sure they worked properly. We would make smoothies and all sorts of fun stuff to eat while we watched them. That was a blast.

This thread makes me feel better about sneaking in a bottle of Aquafina water.

This bottle costs me about .20 (or less) when I buy a case - it would cost me $3.25 at the theater.

I worked at a movie theater this summer and I heard some crazy stories. Someone once snuck in an entire large pizza, and also once a live chicken.

That wasnt in El Segundo was it? If so, it wasnt a chicken but my girlfriends pet duck. If you havent had a thick crust "blond on the beach" from Beach Pizza in Redondo Beach, then you just dont know.

I heard one of my friends brought in a whole rotisserie chicken from the grocery store, but I'm not sure I buy it. I hate paying for food at the theater, but I know that's where most of their money comes from, so I do it, usually.

Awesome- a thread about what you sneak into the movies turns into a fight in about 5 posts. What won't we fight about?!?

And I'd rather hear and smell chicken being eaten than all those cell phones opening and closing- twinkling like Christmas lights. Grrrr!

I have a buddy who has a big military coat. You can get a whole case of Little Kings into the thing.

Brian

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back