Sneaking things into the movies?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Movie Talk' started by Steamboat Spidey, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Steamboat Spidey

Steamboat Spidey Active Member

What's the most crazy/outrageous thing that you or a friend has brought into the movies? One time, I snuck in a Starbucks Espresso energy drink to stay awake for the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 premier at midnight. So what have you guys snuck in?
    - Steamboat Spidey

2. WinstonWolf359

WinstonWolf359 Sr Member

I've seen a whole large bucket of fried chicken. After that I've never felt the slightest bit of worry about bringing in my own peanut butter cups.

3. Larry Young

Larry Young Master Member

Four of my friends.

4. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

Had a friend sneak in a Chik Fil Lay sandwhich and drink for me once. I was coming right from work to the movie that started 10 minutes I got off work so I had to book it and didn't have time to get food for dinner. So I ate during the movie.

5. micdavis

micdavis Master Member

I bet the people around you were real happy about that.

6. hoverboy

hoverboy Well-Known Member

I worked at a movie theater this summer and I heard some crazy stories. Someone once snuck in an entire large pizza, and also once a live chicken.

7. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

Who cares? Didn't harm them any.

8. micdavis

micdavis Master Member

Excepting of course the possible smell and noise of you eating it.

$$$ is not the only reason to NOT bring stuff to the theaters.

Seem a lot of people that do stuff like that are clueless the noise they make with their smacking lips and crinkly bags.

9. Arwyniel

Arwyniel Well-Known Member

An order of crazy bread and marinara dipping sauce from Little Caesars.

10. Larry Young

Some family brought in a tub of KFC when the missus and I went to "Remember the Titans" and I had their stupid ****ing * kicked out. I'm not paying good money to go see a flick in the theatre and then have to listen to some FAMILY treat the space like I'm in their chicken-smelling living room.

They were probably related to Kerr Avon.

11. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

:lol

Unless the movie theatre bans the sale of all food in the theatre, you have no point.

12. MooCriket

MooCriket Master Member

No offense, Mic...but what about the people that buy concesions such as nachos. They can be very loud, and that fake cheese snot is pretty smelly. I agree with you by the way, unless it's dinner theater of course.

When I was in my teens I snuck friends in all the time. Now, maybe a Starbucks drink. I generally don't eat in the movies except for an occasional bag of peanut M & M's. I'm a quiet eater.

13. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

:behave

It was sooooooo quiet without you two.

14. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

I find it questionable that you snuck four people into a movie, thus taking up seats that people who paid for a seat could have used, but are so offended by people eating when concession stands sell noisier foods than that.

15. MooCriket

MooCriket Master Member

^ Really? Lets just say those seats were empty anyway, and his guest were actually watching the movie, and not talking. I can see a big difference between that and a family that thinks it's a good call to bring in a hole bucket of the colonel Sanders original recipe.

Fried chicken is way more smelly and louder then anything at the concession stand.

16. Sluis Van Shipyards

Sluis Van Shipyards Master Member

I've only done candy. Several years ago a line of theaters near here decided to do searches. I think it was purses only, I'm not sure. Anyway that stopped real fast as they had almost no customers.

17. Bootlegger137

Bootlegger137 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

When I was a teenager I snuck a camera into the movies to take a pic of the Omni magazine cover showing the proton pack in Ghostbusters. Wanted to build my own, and couldn't find decent reference pics at the time. :rolleyes

Still haven't built a * proton pack yet all these years later. Maybe if I hit the lottery one day I'll fulfill my dream.

18. Jannix Quinn

Jannix Quinn Sr Member

You can take whatever food you want into the movies here. They sell pizza at the ticket booth now.

My usual is sushi and V.

19. division 6

division 6 Master Member

High Tech Burrito's "Godzilla" and a large soda.

20. Larry Young

The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.

21. Larry Young

Would you find it questionable if I informed you the two events you reference were 25+ years apart? Would you find it questionable if I corrected your assumption that my issue with the KFC family wasn't the noise but the smell? Would you find it questionable if I agreed with society that 2 + 2 = 4? :lol

22. BornKilr

BornKilr Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

A six pack of beer.

23. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

Just some candy and in the end it wasn't worth it as it melted in mom's purse. Plus the popcorn there is better than candy but it's noisy too.

24. dbalschi

dbalschi Sr Member

A fifth of Jack Daniels and a Crave Case from Taco Bell.

25. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Sr Member

1/2 pints of Jack, Capt., and SoCo to mix into our sodas when we went to see Fast and Furious on release day.

26. GeneralFROSTY

GeneralFROSTY Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Brought in McDonnalds on more than one occasion.
    My GF at the time used her massive purse to sneak in a plethora of snacks including beef jerky, candy and soda.
    Id rather NOT sneak in treats, but at the prices they charge for what they offer how could you NOT want to bring in your own stuff.

27. rollerboi

rollerboi Sr Member

I disagree, but hey. In the spirit of fairness, I propose a social experiment of sorts. Take a month off, and see what, if anything, is said about you in your absence. :)

28. Paul Andrew

Paul Andrew Sr Member

:lol witty

29. CaptainTurtles

CaptainTurtles New Member

I haven't taken anything bizzare in before, just your usual snacks. However I can think of two stories.. once this summer a friend and I went to see a movie and he grabbed some Chinese food in before hand. During the ads I kept telling him to close the box because it stank, and the people next to us were laughing and offered to swapped seats because they loved the smell.

Another story I know is of a friend of mine, she was probably in her late 60s, her son was part of a crew (don't remember what he did, but he was credited) in some movie (a big summer blockbuster) a few years back, the mother, my friend was so proud that she went to see the movie when it was released. She took out her digital camera at the end of the film just to take a picture of her sons name in the credits on the big screen. The cinema staff kicked her out and banned her from the cinema!!

30. CB2001

CB2001 Master Member

A bag of Twizzlers... The one pound size.

31. 0neiros

0neiros Master Member

If you want to see a movie and not be bothered by others, stay at home. Our Theaters here carry Starbucks and Dryers Ice Cream, I hope the Smell of the espresso and the slurping of the cone doesn't offend someone. I don't talk during movies, shut off my cellphone etc. but F-off if my "Crinkling" some candy bothers you, even though I'm not much of an "Eater" during movies. Somebody wants to eat Subway or KFC, I don't give a rip, if you're that easily distracted, blame the movie for not keeping your attention.

A friend and I did sneak in Southern Comfort to ply our dates with while we saw "White Men Can't Jump"...Let's say that if my friend wasn't 6'5 and massive, we would have gotten killed that night when one of the girls got drunk and started yelling at the movie. I'll stick to Gummys and Twix/kit kats from now on.

32. SVTStingRay

SVTStingRay Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

yeah my buddy would sneak in a whole pizza with a jacket covering it. my ex would take burger king burgers in her large purse.

33. micdavis

micdavis Master Member

Excepting of course by buying the theater food they are in effect buying the right to make noise in the theater.

You want your local theaters to continue to deteriorate, keep supporting them in that manner.

Theaters get very little of the ticket money.

It's up to you.

34. clancampbell

clancampbell Sr Member

I took a half bottle of Vodka mixed into a large bottle of cream soda into Slipstream.....after half an hour, i'd have sworn it wa the best film i'd ever seen......can't remember leaving the cinema ,though.....

Rich

35. dstilgar

dstilgar Active Member

I brought Mongolian BBQ in a takeaway box into the theater once. Smelled so good, but I had to sit behind everyone so that it wouldn't be seen. If I'm going to the theater I want to sit in the middle. Best surround and best view of the screen are more important than eating something.

I sneak candy in all the time. They sell candy; I have candy. It makes it hard to detect and it's much easier to sneak in.

On a side note: I had a friend who worked at a theater so we would preview the movies after we spliced the film together to make sure they worked properly. We would make smoothies and all sorts of fun stuff to eat while we watched them. That was a blast.

36. JD

JD Master Member

This thread makes me feel better about sneaking in a bottle of Aquafina water.

This bottle costs me about .20 (or less) when I buy a case - it would cost me $3.25 at the theater.

37. Steamboat Spidey

Steamboat Spidey Active Member

Ridiculous. $3.00 for a bottle of water Is the same price at my theater too.

38. robstyle

robstyle Master Member

That wasnt in El Segundo was it? If so, it wasnt a chicken but my girlfriends pet duck. If you havent had a thick crust "blond on the beach" from Beach Pizza in Redondo Beach, then you just dont know.

39. cayman shen

cayman shen Master Member

I heard one of my friends brought in a whole rotisserie chicken from the grocery store, but I'm not sure I buy it. I hate paying for food at the theater, but I know that's where most of their money comes from, so I do it, usually.

40. binkleywalker

binkleywalker Sr Member

Awesome- a thread about what you sneak into the movies turns into a fight in about 5 posts. What won't we fight about?!?

And I'd rather hear and smell chicken being eaten than all those cell phones opening and closing- twinkling like Christmas lights. Grrrr!

I have a buddy who has a big military coat. You can get a whole case of Little Kings into the thing.

Brian

41. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

Don't worry, I didn't say anything about you while you were gone. Well I guess if you're starting off this quick, we can expect a more permanent vacation from you two before long. Enjoy your time here while it lasts! :)

42. JD

JD Master Member

If it was a moderate mark up, I could understand... But if I'm paying 20 cents a bottle retail at a supermarket, they're paying less than that.

43. Larry Young

Well, then it seems churlish for you to start now.

44. protokev DMD

protokev DMD Sr Member

Decent effort but lacking in originality, I give it a 6.5/10

45. Thibault

Thibault Sr Member

46. Contec

Contec Master Member

No wonder a lot of Americans are obese. Candy and snacks I can understand but pizza and chicken and tacos and such food it's wrong. Here in Sweden the theaters only sell popcorn, candy , snacks and soft drinks. Eating food you do at home or in a restaurant.
    I only sneak in a bigger coca cola or potato chips.

47. Dart

Dart Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

For a friends' birthday, we snuck in a couple bottles of wine, a mickey of rum and a few beers. Made the really, really crappy Katie Holmes flick much easier to forget.

48. Jack T Chance

Jack T Chance Sr Member

Back in the mid-to-late '90s, back when I had no car, I had to ride the bus and/or walk to get anywhere. So, my backpack became my constant companion when I was out and about on my days off. I'd carry my Walkman (yes, it was so long ago, we still listened to music on CASSETTE TAPES!!! ;)), books to read on the bus, anything I purchased along the way. And if I was going to the movies, I'd either A) go to the Kmart near the theater, buy a bag of freshly popped popcorn at their snack bar for a buck, get a couple cans of soda for 25ยข each out of their vending machine and throw the whole lot into my backpack to take in with me, or B) pop microwave popcorn at home and bring with me, then pick-up the sodas at a vending machine on the way, and walk right in, having my theater snacks for quite a bit less than what the theater charged! :cool

Then came the events of September 11th, 2001... and the movie theaters now had the only excuse they needed to ban backpacks outright, or at least demand the right to inspect their contents. Since then, the only things I've been able to sneak in were whatever would fit in the large pockets of my trench coat... usually a bottle of soda and some sort of chips. The best snacks for that purpose were Torengos Tortilla Chips and Frito-Lay Go Snacks... both of which were discontinued several years ago. :unsure

49. JPolacchi

JPolacchi Sr Member

I snuck in a 6-pack of IPA& two 22 oz. bottles with a friend and drank a bottle every time Jack Sparrow mentioned Rum.I had to pee so bad by the end of the film...I was dancing out the doors when the credits rolled.

50. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member