Snake Plissken Gun Replica

N

Nick Anzalone

Hey experts,
I am making a replica Snake Plissken gun. I have recently just purchased a Mac 10 Ingram air soft gun, a real cheap one, but it's 1:1 scale. It's more of a challenge than I thought, but sure is fun.

Scope Prog1WMp.jpg

Nick

Attachments

• snake plissken machine gun prop.jpg
    snake plissken machine gun prop.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 852
Last edited by a moderator:
Couldn't you construct it out of pvc pipe? I would think that you are going to have to strengthen the barrel and connection to support the extra weight.

David.

Yeah I was thinking that PVC would work, but your right. The plastic barrel may not support it. I need a way to strengthen that thing as well. A guy on ebay sells a Mac 10 air soft with a fake suppressor for $94. I wonder if it would be worth just getting that and only worrying about the sight.

This is a cheap Mac-11 Version for testing.

DSC_0009.JPGDSC_0015.JPG

Snake Plissken Mac10 Build

Testing the Silencer fitment and the test scope before the real Mac-10 arrives in the mail. The PVC pipe for the suppressor worked out great and I was able to take the threaded part from a smaller suppressor and add it to mine which enables me to actually screw it on to my gun. The part coming out of the front is part of the stock suppressor. I found a scope on a Nerf gun at Walmart. I have premiered it so far and it looks great. It could almost pass for a real scope. I think Snakes was gloss black. I still need to cut off the shoulder stock bracket, attach the scope, find a lanyard, finish painting a weathering.

I wanted the suppressor to be able to screw onto the gun, not just be glued or taped. For the threaded part of the suppressor, I took the light socket from an old bathroom light fixture. I cut the stock suppressor about an inch from the threads and put it into the light fixture. Then I put the whole unit into the soon to be suppressor....PVC pipe 2".

pvc.jpgSupress2.jpg

Then for the part coming out of the front of the suppressor I used the end of the stock suppressor that came with the gun. I did the same thing. I put it in another bathroom light fixture socket and made sure it fit snug. Then I was able to shove it into the 2" PVC no problem any length I wanted..(the orange part is the front of the suppressor).

asdfasdf.jpg

Snake Gun 3.14.jpg

pvc.jpg

Supress2.jpg

asdfasdf.jpg

Snake Gun 3.14.jpg

I finally got a Mac-10. Progress pic of my full automatic, Snake Plissken Escape From New York, Mac-10 Build. This is the Tokyo Marui Mac-10..NOT a Mac-11. Scope isn't mounted yet and no lanyard...but we're getting there. I now have the correct scope and silencer. I'm very happy with the progress. Getting closer. The tough part was making the PVC silencer threaded to the be able to screw on and off the gun.

I took a circular piece of wood, put the correct size bolt in it. Then I fabricated two pieces from a door knob to hold down the bolt. Then fit that into the silencer.

scope piece.jpg

So Far...so good. Thanks for looking :)

Scope Prog1WMp.jpg

scope piece.jpg

Scope Prog1WMp.jpg

Great progress! I've wanting to build this for a while too.

Had you considered using the TM clone instead? Muc hcheaper and practically identical!
http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/6681-de-m-10-mac11-airsoft-aeg-submachine-gun-w-mock-suppressor.aspx

Thank you! I am really having a good time with this. I've wanted a Snake gun forever. As far as the gun, That one in the link you sent is a Mac-11 and it's much smaller than a Mac-10. For someone like me with not too many air soft connections I was ready to take anyone that I could find. I found this one brand new in the box and jumped on it. If a TM or JG would have been available, I would have been just as happy with them.

Couldn't you construct it out of pvc pipe? I would think that you are going to have to strengthen the barrel and connection to support the extra weight.

David.

Thanks David...that's just what I did :thumbsup

I don't think that's a Mac 11. Check out the handle. Totally a Mac 10 handle.

Also I keep reading reviews that it matches up perfectly to the TM Mac 10 inside and out minus the quality of internals mechanisms and the trade marks.

But if you something I don't please let me know! You're project has got me itching to build one!

If you haven't yet, you might consider using wood putty, or metal putty to fill those screw holes on the right side of the airsoft gun, then give it a coat of flat black.

Interesting work on the silencer adaptor! That's the first time I've ever seen that done.

If you haven't yet, you might consider using wood putty, or metal putty to fill those screw holes on the right side of the airsoft gun, then give it a coat of flat black.

Interesting work on the silencer adaptor! That's the first time I've ever seen that done.

Thank you! I wish I could delete that old picture but it won't let me. The holes on the right side your talking about is the Mac-11. I've since then moved on to the Mac-10 that you see posted later in the thread, but thank you!

I don't think that's a Mac 11. Check out the handle. Totally a Mac 10 handle.

Also I keep reading reviews that it matches up perfectly to the TM Mac 10 inside and out minus the quality of internals mechanisms and the trade marks.

But if you something I don't please let me know! You're project has got me itching to build one!

I wish I knew my friend. Yea the mag sure looks to be Mac-10, yet the description says Mac-11. I wish I knew more about the guns to let you know for sure. The only thing I can say is that is REALLY, REALLY Cheap for a Mac-10, and if it is a 10, I can't believe they are still in stock because they don't make the 10 anymore and they usually go for about $300 second hand. You may want to contact the company and ask. If it is a 10, buy all of them!! lol Thanks for all of the nice words on my build :)

You know what kinda weird. I was looking at the top image of the gun in the case and at the shot of the Mac 10 laid out on the table and notice the grip is missing the palm bump.

EFNYWeapons.jpg

I wonder what the story is there? Maybe a variation in Mac early Mac 10 production?

You know what kinda weird. I was looking at the top image of the gun in the case and at the shot of the Mac 10 laid out on the table and notice the grip is missing the palm bump.

View attachment 457432

I wonder what the story is there? Maybe a variation in Mac early Mac 10 production?

That is really strange. I have to say...I never noticed that. Good eye! I wonder. I know they used two different versions. A real mac and a rubber stunt gun. This does not look to be rubber. This is odd. If you find anything out, please let me know. I'll do the same. Good call!!

Hello
I am from Germany and made a Gun from the Movie ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK.
Hope you enjoy the evo till yet.
The gun is ready end of the week.
Stay Tuned
41555.jpg
IMG_9650.JPG
planing the supressor

IMG_9646.JPG

IMG_9614.PNG

IMG_9615.PNG

IMG_9710.JPG

IMG_9750.JPG
the supressor is heavy...2kg!

Last edited:
more pics...
IMG_9755.JPG

IMG_9793.JPG
searching a scope like the oldschool look was very diffcult...but i find the best one for my opinion.
i choose a scope from LEUPOLD (Made in USA)

IMG_0016.JPG

IMG_0015.JPG

IMG_0020.JPG
Aligning the mount for the scope

IMG_0021.JPG

IMG_0022.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9755.JPG
    IMG_9755.JPG
    163.8 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back