Escape from new york and la

I have one of the gas powered guns that produce rapid fire flash and sound used in Escape from NY and other films. This one was one of the wall guns. The canvas brass deflector actually conceals the hoses and connections for the gas. There is an electric ignition sysem inside the receiver and the barrel has an igniter assembly.

EscapeNYGasM2.jpg

EscapeNY.jpg

I capped the equipment from EFNY the other week:

EFNYWeapons1.jpg

Say, is that a Han Solo scope on the revolver there?

EFNYWeapons2.jpg

Note the silver collar on the Mac silencer.

EFNYWeapons3.jpg

I'm glad we didn't see Snake use those 'night vision' goggles!

Are those pills / foodstuff in the baggies? Don't look like bullets (if they are USPF is being kinda tight!).

The orange thing? Not a darn clue!

I don't have EFLA to cap - yet! ;)

C.

I just realised - the tracker isn't with the rest of the equipment! Also, I didn't cap it! Duh.

Countdown timer - make a great watch:
EFNYTimer.jpg

Tracer bracelet - does this look like copper band with a brass eagle head?
EFNYtracer.jpg

And the explosive injectors - spray guns, maybe?
EFNYExplosiveInjectors.jpg

C.

I just realised - the tracker isn't with the rest of the equipment! Also, I didn't cap it! Duh.

Countdown timer - make a great watch:
EFNYTimer.jpg

Tracer bracelet - does this look like copper band with a brass eagle head?
EFNYtracer.jpg

And the explosive injectors - spray guns, maybe?
EFNYExplosiveInjectors.jpg

C.
No those are real air hypos

The rifle they gave Snake was a prop from "Automatic", 1994 with a shoulder stock added.

In Automatic the rifle had a grenade launcher and a l.c. camcorder monitor on top. In at least on rifle they had a camera in the grenade launcher, because they showed a live image on the monitor when the rifle was stuck around a corner. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109178/

David.

The packets are vitamins, the red/orange thing appears to be a "fishing line" or something alogn those lines. Maybe at one point Snake was to fly out the wondow of a building and repel downwards with it.

EFNYWeapons3.jpg

The orange device you see is actually a "Dial-a-matic" mini flare launcher. The idea is to pop a flare out of the rounded piece, insert into the long straight orange section and pull the firing pin (loop/cord) at the top in the pic to launch the flare.

I have been trying to get a hold of one of those for several years now to add to my EFNY Plissken gear with zero luck.

here's what I have so far. Walkie talkie and tracking device are made from the same real world items used in the movies.

IMG_0814.jpg

Man, it just came to me. I could almost swear I had a shirt like that back in the 80's that I got from, Merry-Go-Round; or was it Chessking?! :redface

LOVE the gear display!

Last edited:
Man, it just came to me. I could almost swear I had a shirt like that back in the 80's that I got from, Merry-Go-Round; or was it Chessking?! :redface

LOVE the gear display!
Chessking!!!! OMG, runaway, runaway!

Alright, I will also admit that I purchased a couple of things from them "back in the day" (only a couple of things mind you :lol).

besides the tiger game i also have a pair of the real walkies. Been thinking about making a mold to offer replicas, yet i never was able to find metal antennas long enough to go with resin copies.

I'm not sure if everyone is aware of this, but Snake's gun is a MAC10 and not a MAC11! There's quite a bit of size difference between the two guns:
MAC10%20vs%20MAC11.jpg

(Image from Arnie's Airsoft).
The MAC10 pictured here is the .45cal version (you can tell from the bump in the grip) while the one in the movie is the 9mm version (not to be confused with the M11/9mm!).
The good news - the M10 is/will be available from Tokio Marui as an airsoft gun :love
Have a look here for more about it.

Cheers,
Stefan

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back