Escape From New York - Snake's Equipment- Orange Device!

Actually, this one is very likely a walk in the park for some of the rpf 3d modelers and print pros. Height, Width, depth and depth of center cavity and pop, it is a 3d print project. I like to make it sound like magic because I can do photoshop but I hate 3d software. Engineering degree in hand and I hate 3d software.

Crap, I wish I'd known there were people who didn't know what those were. My Scoutmaster used to set them up when we were camping in bear country... also to catch us when we were sneaking off to screw around at night...

So, you are saying that it was a trip wire devise?

So, you are saying that it was a trip wire devise?
Yes, this is a trip wire perimeter alarm setup with a holder for multiple replacement cartridges. There are many historically that had extra rounds included but this exact shape does not seem to be among them commercially available. Current models have the cartridge aligned horizontally. It is an explosive cartridge in a spring firing pin holder. Often, they were referred to as shotgun traps as well but most commercial ones were just intended to make noise and wake the campers.

This is what comes with the modern kit and note how much they look like the ends of the items in the black part. The metallic loop and pin in the orange part are identical to those in trip alarms. However, I don't see the standard pin for the trip wire itself....?? My guess was the wire was stored aroud the black part as spooled.
20231101_112413.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back