Vincent Serpico

Last September I began working on the Presidential Tracker from "Escape from New York". I worked on my prototype when I had the chance to do so and finally finished it up about a week ago. My tracker is not made from an old Tiger Sub Wars Handheld game from the 80s. I did not have the heart to tear the one I found apart so I took the time and fabricated everything myself based on the old hand held game, pictures, and video of the movie& prop.

My version of the tracker is slightly thicker and I have added my own engraving on the back. In the movie you never really see the back so I just used some creative license of my own.

How it works:
My tracker starts up just like the hand held game did with a slide switch on the side and indicates that it is active by a blinking red LED in the upper left corner. Once on, you have the option of choosing between 2 tracking modes.

Each mode can be activated by a small push switch on the upper side right back.
Track 1: Starts from the upper left hand corner and follows a trail of leds diagonally to the bottom right corner, with a set of beeps. (This was shown in the movie when Snake is at the wrecked Air Force One Jet)
Track 2: Starts at the lower right and work backward diagonally back to the center until it finally comes to the center and indicates you have found the president, or at least who Snake thought was the president.

Both tracking modes can be activated separately or one can follow the other to create just one track.

In the end this is a project that I have wanted to complete for a long time and am happy with the final prototype. I plan on making a final movie quality tracker by printing at a higher print setting, my prototype was printed at standard so I could make sure everything worked.

Well thanks for looking and let me know what you think or any critiques.

Here is a link to my Youtube Video that shows it in more detail.

Here is a 15 sec short as well:

#escapefromnewyork
#snakeplissken
#presidentialtracker
#escapefromnewyorktracker
#propmaking
#movieprops
#escapefromnewyork

Attachments

• 20230516_203921.jpg
    20230516_203921.jpg
    990.9 KB · Views: 72
  • 20230516_203928.jpg
    20230516_203928.jpg
    962.3 KB · Views: 65
  • 20230516_203936.jpg
    20230516_203936.jpg
    913.7 KB · Views: 69
  • 20230516_203951.jpg
    20230516_203951.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 70
Last edited:
How did you do the grid screen? That came out pretty good!
I recreated the grid pattern from the original Subwar Game on photoshop then had a company make a sticker/decal transfer that I applied to a precut 1/8 inch piece of red plexiglass. I was very happy with the results.

In Trek II they had a very boxy, pointed Tricorder I haven't seen before---you could drop yours as a screen into a larger build.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back