SLAVE 1. 1/6 SCALE BUILD

This is truly an awe-inspiring build; highly detailed in accuracy... Well fricken done! So, how much has Howard Chan offered you for this? :)

ahhh but will it pass an M.O.T.?
Is that a Mandalorian Operations Test?

I almost didn't see this because it's not in the Studio Scale models thread. I never look in the regular modeling section. You should definitely repost it or double-post it, or whatever, because I imagine a lot of folks are missing out on this who aren't already Follow-ing you.

It is something spectacular, and needs to be shared, and then put in a museum when it's finished. What ARE your plans for it?
Thanks...it will be displayed in a museum

OK, quick update. Engine bay all done. Started on the wing assemblies...yeesh, what a weird collection of parts to meaningfully join together. All pieces are bonded to a 4"steel pipe that inserts into the armature, left and right.

1DI1MhOl.jpg
IU3VXOrl.jpg

YakhjpDl.jpg

Thanks guys. For reference I just scoured the net for pics of the screen used ship and got the Fine Molds and Bandai kits, neither of which are that accurate. Studio Scale Modeler website is good for kit parts and big shout out to Guy Cowen from Archive-X paints for providing dimensional information and files based on huge amounts of research also.

So she finally flies...looks pretty straight forward in the pics but believe me, it was non-trivial!

nPZychpl.jpg

bpWgkZkl.jpg

Got the ship flipped and fitted on to the armature, ready for scribing panel lines and sorting out the boarding ramp. As well as fitting the whole fuselage section

El26wuMl.jpg

I'm sorry to say, that when you started this, I thought you were a bit overzealous on this project. A 1/6 scale Slave 1? Way to large too complete...
Boy, was I wrong. This is totally epic. Your passion for this is incredible. I still can't believe what you've accomplished.

TazMan2000

Last edited:
Thanks TazMan2000...you weren't the only one with serious doubts about the feasibility of this project, but my philosophy is, it will be alright in the end, and if it isn't alright, then it isn't the end

Significant moment reached methinks...marrying the 2 major components together. There's a bit more pruning to do but she's nearly there

ifafY9Hl.jpg

ApRcQZ7l.jpg

Wow..... That's just insane. Absolutely love it! Looking at the stuff in the back, I'm guessing you're into boat building/repair??
Excited to see how the rest of it comes out!

Yep it's a wonder to behold.

I really hope you'll be able to see some of the engine work when done. Such a shame it's hidden.

Need a huge mirror or something [emoji2][emoji106]

Or have it in flight mode.

Thanks for the comments guys...really keeps me going.
So, as it turns out, it required a bit more pruning than I had envisaged, to get the fuselage fitted on to the hull. I have also decided to permanently join the 2 parts together...Just wasn't confident that the finished prop would look as good with a seam line etc.

Am in the process of a bit of re-modelling of the nose before I cut the bottom line for the skirt
Also cut the boarding ramp out and the wing wells

bkQLNMNl.jpg
CkjLRZAl.jpg
zSrqr9Tl.jpg

MpCgKHwl.jpg
BXls0aOl.jpg

You just can't be real. This must be photoshopped.

Our summer trip to Germany got cancelled due to Covid but we will be there next summer and I will see this supposed huge Slave I and verify if it really exists along with your other supposed builds!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

You just can't be real. This must be photoshopped.

Our summer trip to Germany got cancelled due to Covid but we will be there next summer and I will see this supposed huge Slave I and verify if it really exists along with your other supposed builds!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:
Waaiiiiiit.... WHAT, this is happening over here in Germany?! When that Covid crisis is over you have to host an RPF meeting!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back