SLAVE 1. 1/6 SCALE BUILD

Loaded question: Does it break-down so you can take it apart, move it inside for display, and then re-assemble it?

Seems a lot like a regular question...yes, the plan is to have the skirt with the armature, engine parts and stand as one module. The fuselage/cockpit as the second and the wings as the third. It is my goal as per the Bespin scene that the craft does not rest on its skirt but hovers above the landing pad

Thanks. So, on with the show. nearly finished the entire fuselage section now...got the wing bells scribed, detailed and primed as well as finished filling and sanding the front valance. Just a few more greeblies to add and she's ready to mount on the skirt

DOa1CnHl.jpg

JWnrJNDl.jpg

bNwkfENl.jpg
sht6q9zl.jpg

g9nJh9hl.jpg

lrJbGVKl.jpg

KFoqInRl.jpg

Hoping to make some good progress on the skirt next. Lots of printed parts to populate the engine bay

Cheers guys. Engine bay is nearly finished. All scaled up kit bash parts; modelled, printed, primed and fitted. Also want to have some lights emanating from below the ship to suggest imminent take-off, so I'm playing around with different colours for the thrusters etc.

Zu33fIml.jpg
V3Gj4vml.jpg

H3yNseLl.jpg
VTJNlZDl.jpg

Will be painting this up and weathering next, ready for the big flip to mount the fuselage

The AMAZING size and detail is one thing by itself, but how in the heckmahoggin a bull frog do you do this so fast???????????????

Thanks guys;
Wow. Just wow... Can we get a shot with the obligatory Soda can for scale??
:p:pI think the soda can is obsolete with this build...your car will do for scale

I didn't have a soda can to hand so I used a spray can for scale.

WIC1dBul.jpg

The AMAZING size and detail is one thing by itself, but how in the heckmahoggin a bull frog do you do this so fast???????????????

Sleeping is for wimps, and bull frogs!.. I guess it might seem fast but I refute the suggestion that I am obsessive...it's way more serious than that!

So finished the painting/weathering. Changed the lights for all amber...seemed more realistic. Just a coupla tweaks to add, like stickers and its ready for flipping

zFmg04Vl.jpg
NpYDtmIl.jpg

ptiwvd2l.jpg

rmSamTml.jpg

I don't like you anymore. :( It's like being a really good college ball player. I can make a great prop, and decent model, etc. Then I am hanging out with Michael Jordan.

Screw you buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding. I love you more than any heterosexual, happily married man should love another dude he has never met.:lol:

Last edited:
I almost didn't see this because it's not in the Studio Scale models thread. I never look in the regular modeling section. You should definitely repost it or double-post it, or whatever, because I imagine a lot of folks are missing out on this who aren't already Follow-ing you.

It is something spectacular, and needs to be shared, and then put in a museum when it's finished. What ARE your plans for it?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back