Show your Dr. Who props!

A prop from the Doctor Who episode "Nikola Tesla's Night Of Terror", The Orb Of FASA.
It's not quite finished yet, needs more coloring & I like to make a LED light inside.

Orb of FASA (19).jpg
Orb of FASA (18).jpg

Fixing up my new second-hand K9 with some necessary cosmetic tweaks at the moment.
⭕Added a ring to the tip of the tail.
⭕Replaced the foam bumpers.
⭕Added new buttons from Mooncrest Models' excellent K9 control panel kit.
⭕ Replaced the inexplicable toothpaste/glue cap that was on the end of his aerial with a proper suction cup.

The ears are next. I might need to start from scratch to make them screen accurate-ish.

No idea where this build originated. I asked the seller and other that having ordered it from the UK a decade+ ago, didn't know.
FB_IMG_1584561871990.jpg
FB_IMG_1584561877967.jpg
FB_IMG_1584561881451.jpg
FB_IMG_1584561888566.jpg
FB_IMG_1584561894994.jpg
FB_IMG_1584561901422.jpg

I'm planning to start a thread for this prop build in the next day or two, but since this thread is currently active I thought I'd throw a couple of pictures up here too. For my Mummy On The Orient Express Clara costume, I decided I wanted to recreate the blanket she wraps up in near the end of the episode, as seen in this screenshot:
MOTOEClarainspiration.jpg

I drafted my own chart and knitted up my version this past winter, resulting in a screen-accurate replica that weighs just over 5 pounds, and is wonderfully warm and cozy:
Claraandblanket-2.jpg

I have a few more pictures and details in my album here, and like I said I'll be making a thread for this prop build in the next couple of days.

That’s great. I like the idea of doctor who monster busts.

I collect the eaglemoss doctor who set & a set of just the cyberman helmets would be a great collection, very varied.

I'm planning to start a thread for this prop build in the next day or two, but since this thread is currently active I thought I'd throw a couple of pictures up here too. For my Mummy On The Orient Express Clara costume, I decided I wanted to recreate the blanket she wraps up in near the end of the episode, as seen in this screenshot:
View attachment 1277618

I drafted my own chart and knitted up my version this past winter, resulting in a screen-accurate replica that weighs just over 5 pounds, and is wonderfully warm and cozy:
View attachment 1277621

I have a few more pictures and details in my album here, and like I said I'll be making a thread for this prop build in the next couple of days.
Great cosplay! The blanket does look exceptionally cozy. And your dress is fantastic! (Sorry, wrong Doctor)

Here's most of the DW stuff I've built.
First I made a duct tape Cyberman costume (and got to meet an amazing Miss Hartigan). I built a Cybergun to match ( Rob Emery Costumes - The Making of a Cybergun ).
cyber c.jpg

Next I made a collection of emergency props - Judoon scanner (made out of dollar store flashlights), sonic+laser+mechanical screwdriver (made out of a real screwdriver, godzilla sound keychain and laser pointer), Jackson Lake sonic screwdriver (made out of an awl), Chameleon Arch (carved into a dollar store pocketwatch), Master's Ring (made out of a Green Lantern ring) & Osterhagen Key USB drive.
doctor who c.jpg

I made a set of journals: The Journal Of Impossible Things, the Doctor's Diary, River Song's Diary ( Rob Emery Costumes - The Making of a River Song Diary) and modified an original Wand company's 11th doc remote sonic so it actually opens ( Rob Emery Costumes - Making a Sonic Screwdriver remote control extend ).
journals.jpg

I also made a Shakri Cube out of a dollarstore photo holder, paint and lots of blinky LEDS.
shakri cube.jpg

For Amy Pond, I bought the vest & hat, and just 3D printed the radio and nightstick.
pond c.jpg

I made a small Duct Tape/Carboard Dalek and then refined it a little closer to full height with more solid panels and Emperor's Guard colours ( Rob Emery Costumes - The Making of a Dalek ).
emperor's guard dalek.jpg

I made a Tardis that's big enough to walk into normally, but small enough when taken apart to fit inside my sedan ( Rob Emery Costumes - The Making of a Tardis ).
Tardis.jpg

My daughter and I have been whiling away the UK lockdown by making these silly Doctor Who short films. Each one's based around a watchalong on Twitter:

Our rules are any props have to be built using whatever we have lying around the house. We rarely have longer than three days between finding out what the next watchalong episode is and releasing the film so the quality is rarely amazing but usually adequate.

The things we've made so far include psychic paper, a TARDIS corridor scaled to a Dalek bubble bath container and the Doctor's fob watch:

20200522_080544.jpg

20200426_200909.jpg

20200602_123751.jpg

For the next one we need a World Enough and Time Cyberman. Still a (very shiny) work in progress, but I feel my "don't chuck it out, chuck it in the shed" policy is finally paying off.

20200601_211031.jpg

I was wondering if there are any threads on RPF that has DrWho blueprints or prop designs / drawings?
I have a lot of personal blueprints I'd love to share.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back