Show your Dr. Who props!

Re: Show your Dr. Who props!

Received my River Song Diary from Gary. Fantastic work! Includes a TARDIS key and custom painted / weathered toy river sonic

Added a few more 4th Doctor effects, million thanks to Terrasolo for originally ID'ing the yo-yo. Took a while to find one.

photo_zps3e9eaeea.jpg

Is that an 8th Doctor Sonic I see? That's obviously not the toy, (unless you repainted the emitter.) Is that one of Russ'? Great collection, hopefully mine will be like that someday. Also, I know you build all of your props, would you consider making another Sonic Lance?

Yes it is, and as you say it's not the toy version. I often make two of the same thing back to back, but rarely return to make the same thing once I've already built something, I haven't the patience or interest to repeat myself, I'd rather attempt something new :)

I understand that. Like you if I need two of something I'd better make them both at the same time or I'm never going to make another one. (It's taken me six years to complete my third Proton Pack because at this point I have a been there done that attitude about the whole project.) In lieu of building another Sonic Lance, could you share your reference materials with me, or maybe point me in the right direction as to how to find the info I'd need to make my own? Thanks again for responding!

The awesome part is that a lot of these props you're building, specifically the classic ones, look way nicer than the original props.

The awesome part is that a lot of these props you're building, specifically the classic ones, look way nicer than the original props.

Yeah, you better tone down the craftsmanship, they're not convincing enough when you make them so well :lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back