Show your Dr. Who props!

Re: Show your Dr. Who props!

RemembranceoftheDaleks3_zpse7391dda.jpeg

I am pleased announce that Ace's Ghetto Blaster is no longer in little bits...

20140327_104924_zps19648cf1.jpg

...For I have it! Well, I have the same make and model.

It is a Philips dual deck radio cassette recorder, model D8478.

There's some great stuff here guys!
1450977_417043711758653_2019577872_n.jpg1471218_416991858430505_663349309_n.jpg4.JPGscarf 4.JPGadipose_1.JPGsonic_1.JPGsonic_10.JPGimp 028.jpgweyfest 098.jpgsixth doctor who coat 4.jpg2014-03-02 15.05.43.jpg

Props, costumes, here's all the stuff I could find photos of, there's a lot more where that came from. Hope you like what I have to show for the moment!

tardis key from The Sound of Drums and Last of the Time Lords when Martha, the Doctor, and Captain Jack were hiding from the Master

Screen Shot 2014-03-31 at 7.01.34 PM.png

Oblivion is going prop crazy! Get that man a workshop!

I agree! We need to get this man doing runs of these props he's cranking out! :devil

- - - Updated - - -

tardis key from The Sound of Drums and Last of the Time Lords when Martha, the Doctor, and Captain Jack were hiding from the Master

View attachment 305389

I can't see in the pic, what did you use to pull this together? Thought it looked like an easy prop to do after watching the episode.

I can't see in the pic, what did you use to pull this together? Thought it looked like an easy prop to do after watching the episode.

It was pretty simple, even if it's not exact. I got a set of lock and keys at Walmart and aged that a little with black acrylic paint. That string is a twine from Walmart too, I think. The red is a red wire with a little bit stripped to show some of the copper inside. The black is actually a wire end combiner-thing that came with my wire cutters, but it is supposed to be a mini circuit-thing. Those are glued down then the glue is covered with liquid gold leaf to make it look more soldered to the key. I actually looked at another RPF post for reference photos. It's pretty much just a key with a bunch of stuff I had left over from other projects.

Here's a link to one that is done much better than mine that I used for reference:
http://www.therpf.com/f9/yale-era-tardis-key-research-info-1963-present-keys-152368/index4.html

Here's mine that I made, used JMA keys as they are steel underneath & not brass. used a table sander to get the logo off & 600 grit wet-dry sandpaper to smooth. After sanding I coated with spray paint enamel to prevent rust. Other bits are a sim-card pad, 555 timer chip, and wire & solder, and appropriate colored resistors.

IMG_5498_zps51bff393.jpg

IMG_2241_zps102652e3.jpg

Here's mine that I made, used JMA keys as they are steel underneath & not brass. used a table sander to get the logo off & 600 grit wet-dry sandpaper to smooth. After sanding I coated with spray paint enamel to prevent rust. Other bits are a sim-card pad, 555 timer chip, and wire & solder, and appropriate colored resistors.

http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg629/TimeyWhimyStuff/IMG_5498_zps51bff393.jpg

http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg629/TimeyWhimyStuff/IMG_2241_zps102652e3.jpg

Thanks! I just read through some of the thread that @Jill Sowell posted up too. There's years of posts to go through on that thread! I have the wires and a few old cell pphones I could scavenge from, so I guess I just gotta find the correct keys now.

My only Dr. Who "props" are the 10th/11th sonics from Underground Toys, so not worth posting pics.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back