Show us your Star Trek costume

After several months and seven seasons of DS9, I finally got Dax finished during the series finale :D
Dax.png

Busy year for me, new sewing machine probably had something to do with that (much better at keeping a clean seam on spandex among other things).
Made a TOS goldshirt (finally found a knit with a color that I liked).
Then built both a red and a gold 4th season TNG men's jumpsuit. *begin rant* I say again: jumpsuit. Single piece. All the background people, and the women, continued wearing single piece costumes in seasons 4-7. I bring this up because no matter how many times I say "jumpsuit" or "single piece" someone will invariably ask about how I made the tunic, or inform me that the later seasons had two piece uniforms. *end rant*
Phaser rifle was also made by me using Rich Sternbach's original schematics. Quite pleased with that one.
Finally in early 2018 made the Picard jacket and under tunic. I was quite pleased how it turned out, although the collar was too short and might be redone someday. I have worn it to a couple Cons, but posing next to Felgacarb's Mirrorverse uniform makes me look better ....or worse, now that I think about it, how can you compete?
IMG_2695 copy.jpg
IMG_3309 copy.jpgIMG_9807 copy.JPGIMG_E3315 copy.jpg

>_<
Took me 4 tries to get the uniform to look right. I'll fight anyone who says one piece uniforms are easy.
View attachment 817742View attachment 817743View attachment 817744

good job!

- - - Updated - - -

Busy year for me, new sewing machine probably had something to do with that (much better at keeping a clean seam on spandex among other things).
Made a TOS goldshirt (finally found a knit with a color that I liked).
Then built both a red and a gold 4th season TNG men's jumpsuit. *begin rant* I say again: jumpsuit. Single piece. All the background people, and the women, continued wearing single piece costumes in seasons 4-7. I bring this up because no matter how many times I say "jumpsuit" or "single piece" someone will invariably ask about how I made the tunic, or inform me that the later seasons had two piece uniforms. *end rant*
Phaser rifle was also made by me using Rich Sternbach's original schematics. Quite pleased with that one.
Finally in early 2018 made the Picard jacket and under tunic. I was quite pleased how it turned out, although the collar was too short and might be redone someday. I have worn it to a couple Cons, but posing next to Felgacarb's Mirrorverse uniform makes me look better ....or worse, now that I think about it, how can you compete?
View attachment 820205
View attachment 820204View attachment 820206View attachment 820207

good job!

My U.S.S. Discovery uniform

Attachments

• 1555638935631[1].jpg
    1555638935631[1].jpg
    697.1 KB · Views: 186
  • 1555639726089[1].jpg
    1555639726089[1].jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 169
  • 20190417_175449[1].jpg
    20190417_175449[1].jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 218
Here's my ST:TNG / DS9 / Voyager jumpsuit! And I agree with Temperance above... one-piece uniforms are hard! The back yoke and the elasticated waistband of this were really tricky to get right. I used the Joseph Kerezman pattern for the jumpsuit and it's made from heavy-duty wool gaberdine (which I think the original costumes were made from). The undershirt is made using a patterm I put together myself.
Uniform1.jpg

Here's my ST:TNG / DS9 / Voyager jumpsuit! And I agree with Temperance above... one-piece uniforms are hard! The back yoke and the elasticated waistband of this were really tricky to get right. I used the Joseph Kerezman pattern for the jumpsuit and it's made from heavy-duty wool gaberdine (which I think the original costumes were made from). The undershirt is made using a patterm I put together myself.
View attachment 1019958
That turned out quite nice, but those Kerezman patterns have always been a pain to work with.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back