Show us your Star Trek costume

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

johntrek

Busy year for me, new sewing machine probably had something to do with that (much better at keeping a clean seam on spandex among other things).
Made a TOS goldshirt (finally found a knit with a color that I liked).
Then built both a red and a gold 4th season TNG men's jumpsuit. *begin rant* I say again: jumpsuit. Single piece. All the background people, and the women, continued wearing single piece costumes in seasons 4-7. I bring this up because no matter how many times I say "jumpsuit" or "single piece" someone will invariably ask about how I made the tunic, or inform me that the later seasons had two piece uniforms. *end rant*
Phaser rifle was also made by me using Rich Sternbach's original schematics. Quite pleased with that one.
Finally in early 2018 made the Picard jacket and under tunic. I was quite pleased how it turned out, although the collar was too short and might be redone someday. I have worn it to a couple Cons, but posing next to Felgacarb's Mirrorverse uniform makes me look better ....or worse, now that I think about it, how can you compete?
IMG_2695 copy.jpg
IMG_3309 copy.jpg IMG_9807 copy.JPG IMG_E3315 copy.jpg

starfleetmiguel

>_<
Took me 4 tries to get the uniform to look right. I'll fight anyone who says one piece uniforms are easy.
View attachment 817742 View attachment 817743 View attachment 817744

good job!

- - - Updated - - -

Busy year for me, new sewing machine probably had something to do with that (much better at keeping a clean seam on spandex among other things).
Made a TOS goldshirt (finally found a knit with a color that I liked).
Then built both a red and a gold 4th season TNG men's jumpsuit. *begin rant* I say again: jumpsuit. Single piece. All the background people, and the women, continued wearing single piece costumes in seasons 4-7. I bring this up because no matter how many times I say "jumpsuit" or "single piece" someone will invariably ask about how I made the tunic, or inform me that the later seasons had two piece uniforms. *end rant*
Phaser rifle was also made by me using Rich Sternbach's original schematics. Quite pleased with that one.
Finally in early 2018 made the Picard jacket and under tunic. I was quite pleased how it turned out, although the collar was too short and might be redone someday. I have worn it to a couple Cons, but posing next to Felgacarb's Mirrorverse uniform makes me look better ....or worse, now that I think about it, how can you compete?
View attachment 820205
View attachment 820204 View attachment 820206 View attachment 820207
good job!

wayouteast

Here's my ST:TNG / DS9 / Voyager jumpsuit! And I agree with Temperance above... one-piece uniforms are hard! The back yoke and the elasticated waistband of this were really tricky to get right. I used the Joseph Kerezman pattern for the jumpsuit and it's made from heavy-duty wool gaberdine (which I think the original costumes were made from). The undershirt is made using a patterm I put together myself.
Uniform1.jpg

riker12

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Here's my ST:TNG / DS9 / Voyager jumpsuit! And I agree with Temperance above... one-piece uniforms are hard! The back yoke and the elasticated waistband of this were really tricky to get right. I used the Joseph Kerezman pattern for the jumpsuit and it's made from heavy-duty wool gaberdine (which I think the original costumes were made from). The undershirt is made using a patterm I put together myself.
View attachment 1019958
That turned out quite nice, but those Kerezman patterns have always been a pain to work with.