Show us your Star Trek costume

One uniform missing from this thread is the Enterprise era jumpsuit. Most of the ones I've seen available are pretty bad. Curious if anyone has tried making their own. I'd like one but unless I run across one of the German fan club ones or an actual studio piece that won't break the bank I'm probably going to have to commission one.

I've been making these for a looooong time!

p90406082.jpg

costumemecadet1.jpg

costumemecommodore.jpg

costumemewithphaser2.jpg

costumemedressuniform6.jpg

costumemewrap3.jpg

vasquez1.jpg

Last edited:
That's a killer dress uniform!

Definitely on my "must own one day" list!

Oh and for more pics- I threw this together for a convention in Toronto a week ago:

attachment.php

Just a rubies top so I didn't care about cutting the hole in the chest. :lol

Kevin

Last edited:
I'll post my Uniform Tunic....

Taken at Animazement in Raleigh NC. It was originally a mirror shot but a good photoshoping corrected that :D

I will admit that this was my first attempt at ever making a costume, there are some errors (that and I need a severe haircut!!!), but other than that I thought it turned out well.

I'm currently attempting to lose about 40 pounds so it will look even better on me :) (and to keep myself from having a heart attack before I'm 30)

Uniform-1.jpg

Oh, go on then.

My new FC costume on it's first outing:
dkeating.png

Well, the background did look kinda trek-ky.
39524495867723012513713.jpg

A few years ago, before I found the wonders of resin badges:
dwightandmecopy4dw.jpg

mendwight2copy1ve.jpg

Hey, I've been watching Voyager, and I noticed that on some uniforms, the v-neck opening stops at the black, and at some it extends several inches down the chest INTO the black. Any rhyme or reason to this? It doesn't seem to be particular to any color, and I can't see evidence of some undone fastener.

Well slap my buttocks and call me sarek if that isn't the most jaw dropping trek costumes ever!

lol i just noticed this comment! :D

Also I had these costumes in my own thread but since I saw this thread pop back up I thought I'd add my fiances trek costume that I made him. It had to be altered to work for the event he wore it for but you get the idea heheheh

100_2925.jpg

Hey, I've been watching Voyager, and I noticed that on some uniforms, the v-neck opening stops at the black, and at some it extends several inches down the chest INTO the black. Any rhyme or reason to this? It doesn't seem to be particular to any color, and I can't see evidence of some undone fastener.

I believe it's simply a matter of the zipper being pulled down farther. You can't see the fastener because it's a type of zipper known as an "invisible" zipper.

Last edited:
Couple of auction pics from It's a Wrap:

Tom Paris uniform:

paris-64.jpg

B'Elanna Torres:

torres_1.jpg

I actually had my own doubts about the "hero" uniforms, but they definitely use a front zipper closure.

Kevin

It's always seemed weird to me that the majority of the time, the costumes were one-piece, but the actors wore the two-piece whenever the characters needed to take off their jackets for whatever reason. 24th century clothing can apparently magically switch back and forth like that. :D

Huh, mystery solved, thanks. Appreciate the pics, Ssgt Burton (or Kevin--are we first naming now?! That whole OT real-name thread has my sense of RPF decorum in a whirl!)

You're welcome!

And yes I prefer to be called Kevin :) ; I find screennames to be impersonal.

Kevin

Then thank you Kevin! I've been at my computer watching Voyager all day and squinting to see those lousy zippers! Not that I'm making a costume or have any practical reason to care, it's just one of those things that grabbed my curiosity and wouldn't stop gnawing at it.

The one thing Roddenberry was big about (at least from the TNG era on) was that since it was the 24th century the uniforms couldn't "appear" to use modern day closures (zippers/velcro etc), so you'd probably be hard pressed to see a visible zipper.

I can't remember the exact episode (it was a TNG episode), but there was a scene where a character (I believe Ensign Ro) removes her tunic to place it on a child.

The shot was done cleverly to hide any sign of a zipper or even seam line (first from the back, then the front). They probably used an second open tunic with no front closure for the last shot so an obvious zipper or velcro would not be seen. Basically it looked as if the (seemingly one piece) tunic magically opened down the front.

EDIT actually the episode was called "Ensign Ro." :lol

Kevin

That would also explain the one-piece Voyager uniforms magically becoming pants and a jacket. :D

I know that one method they used to hide the zippers on the DS9/Voyager style uniforms was to use a hook and eye closure at the top that pulled the seam together over the zipper pull. I wish i could find a picture to illustrate this, but I'm having a hard time finding where I saw them. I know it was somewhere on the 1701st Uniform boards.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back