Show off your RE weathered Obi sabers!

My Roman weathered hilt arrived this morning. Minus the Graflex clamp which is following when they come available. I would add a real clamp while I wait but they are currently going for stupidmoney on ebay so I will wait for the replica. Some personal weathering will happen while I wait. Gotta say - the quality of these machined pieces is STUNNING.

2016-03-04 12.49.04.jpg

Just received this from RomansProps..Roman does amazing work! I opted for the machine finish,but will no doubt weather the brass section on one and will weather the second one all over..(clamp is on backorder
IMG_8479.JPG)IMG_8480.JPGIMG_8484.JPG

Hey folks.. If you're looking for another saber to re-weather mine is up for sale in the JY! Only needs a clamp, very reasonable price. :)

Check it out!
image.jpegimage.jpeg

very nice Roman sabers! this is a dream of mine, owning one of his. still saving little by little

what is the trick to weathering the brass wind vane? vinegar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

very nice Roman sabers! this is a dream of mine, owning one of his. still saving little by little

what is the trick to weathering the brass wind vane? vinegar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ammonia fumes will give the brass a natural, tarnished look pretty easily. You can always polish it to get the shiny brass back if you want.

For mine I used brass black and to make it not come off the instant I touched it, I dried it thoroughly and popped it in the oven for about 20 minutes to bake it on and once it was all cool, sealed it with some Mr. Super Clear UV Cut.

The set is complete at last. The five and a half month wait for the repro Graflex clamp was worth it. Now to finish 'the look' to match my reference pic of Alec Guinness in the Tunisian dessert. Like every new saber owner I have a vision of how it will become absolutely perfect if I can just apply the effects right so more tweaking and weathering will happen over the next few weeks, months, years. I'm going to start by leaving the grenade frag body out in the rain for a few nights to let some light corrosion begin....
I also made a complete mess of installing the D-ring and it's ruined. I will order another one and remember to look at Roman's video installation guide first when I put it on!

2016-07-29 08.38.20.jpg

2016-07-29 08.37.33.jpg2016-07-29 08.36.54.jpg2016-07-29 08.37.53.jpg

Last edited:
The set is complete at last. The five and a half month wait for the repro Graflex clamp was worth it. Now to finish 'the look' to match my reference pic of Alec Guinness in the Tunisian dessert. Like every new saber owner I have a vision of how it will become absolutely perfect if I can just apply the effects right so more tweaking and weathering will happen over the next few weeks, months, years. I'm going to start by leaving the grenade frag body out in the rain for a few nights to let some light corrosion begin....
I also made a complete mess of installing the D-ring and it's ruined. I will order another one and remember to look at Roman's video installation guide first when I put it on!

View attachment 649066

View attachment 649064View attachment 649063View attachment 649065

I watched the video on beforehand, and I still managed to mess up mine :(
I feel your pain.

bump!

I just booked an awesome job and plan to reward myself with an Obi-Wan saber kit. I never saw the appeal before in kits, and knowing how rare o.g. parts can be for Obi-Wan, I assumed it wouldn't be in the cards for me.

Buuuuut after having my V2 on the shelf I feel like it's ancestor should be there too.

Point of this bump-- amazing weathering jobs, but there seems to be a serious lack of good reference pics of the original. The chronicles pics are the best obviously-- but do we have any in color?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back