Sherlock Coat opinions/info?

I'm fairly certain that's just a bow tie under the collar, it's an unusual look so it can seem like it's a different type of neckwear but it's something that a number of Sherlock Holmes iterations have worn.

it's a crevat though. And it apparently has a typical weave.

Cravat-4.JPG
I think it's the coquille if I remember the discussion on tumblr correctly.

That's very interesting, I hadn't looked at the new pictures as I didn't want to risk spoiling anything, but that's an odd departure. Keeping the same scarf, but changing his shoes. Now he doesn't have holes in his gloves which might make it a lot harder to ID. A navy suit though? This is the first time since "The Blind Banker" where he hasn't worn a black suit to my knowledge. I hope all this stuff gets ID'd soon!

Just thought i'd write up the measurements given by RayR, if RayR wants me to take these pictures down, i'll happily do so. Although i don't see any problem in sharing them. In case you didn't guess it, all measurements are in inches.
http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu194/gust0532/SherlockCoat.jpg
http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu194/gust0532/SherlockCoat1.jpg
http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu194/gust0532/SherlockCoat2.jpg
http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu194/gust0532/SherlockCoat3.jpg
EDIT: Blimey, this takes up more space than i thought, should i just link them instead?

Hi,

I'm a new member and we recently bought a fabric from Harris Tweed to make the coat ourselves.
Dsc_7072.jpg
We would like to know, if the original coat has a feature like the new Milford:
Milford new.jpg
We couldn't find good pictures showing this part of the original coat.

Anyway, thanks for the measurements. They helped a lot (although "S" is missing)

This is Brilliant. Great idea HaroldVonBraun. Any chance you have one of these layouts for the V For Vendetta doublet? Those are the measurements I need =)

Hi,

I'm a new member and we recently bought a fabric from Harris Tweed to make the coat ourselves.
View attachment 680011
View attachment 680027

Anyway, thanks for the measurements. They helped a lot (although "S" is missing)

The original coat didn't have buttons on the collar.

I know ebay coats are to be avoided, but THIS ONE is suspiciously good looking. Seems they've got the wool pattern right for once too.

I wonder if they just used some photos of a real belstaff, but what they actually send you is completely different.

MOD EDIT: Please do not post live ebay links, thanks.

I know ebay coats are to be avoided, but THIS ONE is suspiciously good looking. Seems they've got the wool pattern right for once too.

I wonder if they just used some photos of a real belstaff, but what they actually send you is completely different.

If that's what they're sending you, it does look very close to the proper to eat. Even the button looks correct which is amazing in itself. What does not look correct is the space between the collar and the lapel

Hi,

View attachment 680011
View attachment 680027

That tweed looks Great. Allow me to assist with the pic you couldn't find. This is an Original Milford, one of the last of the original Belstaff run. It came with a detachable Mink collar which buttons on inside.

Milford left under collar.jpg

Milford side.jpg

Here are photos of the coat I was referring to. Didn't realize live ebay links would get modded out.

View attachment 707423View attachment 707424View attachment 707425View attachment 707426

this is what I mean about the collar. This is an authentic Milford from Belstaff, made when Sherlock was in it's first run. There is no red around the button holes since that was added by BBC. The color here is slightly warm (off white) due to being shot just now indoors at night.

M1.jpgM2.jpg

Hi everyone, I just thought I'd show you this coat that i purchased last week from a Chinese seller on Amazon (UK) for only £81.

For the price it's certainly a cheaper option, and as far as i can tell it's the exact same coat sold on CosplaySky for £174.99.
The coat fits lovely and looks really great, a bargain! I'll be repainting the buttons to match the Belstaff's original design , but apart from that it's just right as it is.
20170313_104720.jpg20170313_111606.jpg20170313_111704.jpg20170313_120504.jpg20170313_120533.jpg20170313_120633.jpg20170313_121256.jpg

The seller is called Daiendi, on their amazon store they sell the same products as CosplaySky and this is the only item I could find with a different price (pricing error perhaps? CosplaySky sell a different Sherlock Holmes cape for £81 and it seems too precise for a coincidence.)

It's lighter than I thought it would be, and isn't the thickest material (especially on the collar) however it's lovely and warm, the collar stays up nicely. It's fully lined and warmer than other similar branded coats I own. I've been wearing it all week out and about in mixed weather and not once have I felt cold. I've heard the original Milford is lighter than it looks also.

One thing I had an issue with was the sleeve length, I ordered a standard small and they fell 4 inches short (Damn my long arms). They are folded up though so I just folded them down and it fitted perfectly. They say they take custom measurements if needed so I doubt it would be a problem if you provided them.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back