Shawn's 300 Spartan Halloween Costume

WhiteCircle

So... after setting the goal to transform my body into that of Leonidas in the movie 300 last year in november - I finally obtained all the pieces... Here's some pics from this halloween - it was epic and fun!
Spartan%2BAwesome.jpg

11.jpg

IMG_3357.JPG

IMG_3365.JPG

IMG_3371.JPG

Thanks! -blush- It was a lot of fun going out to the clubs in this costume - I won two costume contests, and got way more attention than I ever expected :)

Outstanding job. Not just in the costume, but also in the commitment to looking the part as well.

Costume looked great man. Did you make everything? If so I'd love to see some of the prep work that went into the helmet and the shield.

Some of it was bought, some made, some altered/mixed with different homemade parts from the bought style to fit the Leonidas style... the speedos I couldn't find anywhere, so they had to be made I made the spear and tips from a closet rod and paper, clay and wood putty.. the helmet I purchased from Museum Replicas... the scabbard was home made to match the speedo's... very expensive when you add it all together... just the small amount of material for the spear tips from smooth-on was like $200.. but I didn't want to kill anyone so I wanted them to be molded from flex foam

Awesome!! That is dedication....I mean it's one thing to spend days/weeks working on a costume but it's another to take the time to get your body into shape. Definitely fit the part!

Thanks... I spent like 70 hours putting everything together in the costume, but literally hundreds of hours in the gym... I was hugely overweight. I'm so glad I did it though - I feel fantastic now, well worth the effort and people said I was crazy but the only way I could have done it was to imagine I had to fulfill the role, and work out for the big Halloween debut!

Seriously awesome!!!

Congrats bro on changing your life for a more healthy and energetic existence!
I'm doing the same! I was 236lbs last year...I'm now 175lbs of lean muscleand I love it! You gotta do it for yourself and not anyone else!

Bandit - congrats, looking great and you are right about doing it for yourself. I can't say I didn't love the attention I got wearing this out though :)

Thanks... I spent like 70 hours putting everything together in the costume, but literally hundreds of hours in the gym... I was hugely overweight. I'm so glad I did it though - I feel fantastic now, well worth the effort and people said I was crazy but the only way I could have done it was to imagine I had to fulfill the role, and work out for the big Halloween debut!

Seriously awesome!!!

Congrats bro on changing your life for a more healthy and energetic existence!
I'm doing the same! I was 236lbs last year...I'm now 175lbs of lean muscleand I love it! You gotta do it for yourself and not anyone else!

Did you guys follow any particular program to slim down or just do portion control with exercise?

Congrats man, that is fantastic! Great dedication to set a goal and stick to it. Instead of a costume build thread, you should post a body transformation thread and share your diet/training program!

Did you guys follow any particular program to slim down or just do portion control with exercise?

Diet consisted of a time based regiment. Here's how it went

-30 minutes after waking drink 1 GNC Lean shake.
-9:00 am eat 1 Yoplait Light yogurt.
-11:00am eat 1 Nutri-Grain bar
-1:00pm eat 1 Yoplait Light yogurt
-3/4pm eat a light meal (600-700cals) mine consists of grilled chicken wraps with jalepenos and Hot sauce.
-6:00pm Light Yogurt or 100-200 cal snack.

I also replaced soft drinks with Water or Gatorade.
With the variety of flavors that Yoplait has as well as its inexpensive price point it makes it very easy to not get tired of it.

After 4 months I started eating eating smaller portions of "bad" food on the weekends because you gotta still be able to enjoy a slice of pizza or a hamburger every once in a while.

For the exercise part...P90X.

Wow like everyone has said, that is extreme dedication! I have tried to lose weight off and on for years and have never been able to do that. I've been thinking about getting into P90x and it looks like I may just do that. Fantastic work on the costume, best spartan I've seen so far.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back