Secret Invasion - MCU Disney+

I was bummed that Juliet Stevenson had to hide her accent as Maria Hill’s mom, and bummed that such a wonderful actor was used in such a small role in the MCU instead of finding a better role for her.
Maybe she didn't want to commit to a large role and was happy to do the part given it was filmed in the UK anyway and wouldn't have involved a lot of travel. But it does highlight the thought that goes into casting that they can get a high profile actor even for what some might say was small role.

Last edited:
As pointed out by New Rockstars, not only would it be disappointing if Rhodey turns out to be a Skrull, it would be especially unfortunate if he has been for any length of time, as it would seriously undercut his scenes with Sam Wilson in Falcon and the Winter Soldier, given the subject matter of their conversations as fellow African Americans.

I REALLY hope they didn't actually kill Gi'ah off. Three named female protags (including Soren who was killed off screen) in the course of as many episodes, with not a single comparable male death (or, truthfully, feeling significantly in jeopardy) is... not a great look.

I REALLY hope they didn't actually kill Gi'ah off. Three named female protags (including Soren who was killed off screen) in the course of as many episodes, with not a single comparable male death (or, truthfully, feeling significantly in jeopardy) is... not a great look.
I'm betting that they didn't kill her, mainly because I don't think that they cast Emilia Clarke just to kill her off. I think that at the beginning of ep. 4 we'll see here sit up, open up her shirt/blouse to reveal that she had body armor underneath. Hollywood loves the bullet proof vest reveal trope and I was fully expecting to see that trope at the end of ep .3. But I'd be just as happy to see that she was actually killed because it's become such a trope for characters to appear to have been shot and killed only for it to be revealed that they were wearing body armor all this time.

Not really a spoiler, but unless they're swerving us, there were several scenes in the trailers that have her in them that haven't appeared yet.

I watched the first episode and just could not get into it and did not like the premise of it. I also couldn't get past a certain person being killed off. I don't know if the character was really dead but I hate when shows kill off a character just for the dramatics of it.

After watching the whole show, I'm pretty disappointed, to be honest. There was so much potential with this show and it feels completely squandered.

I enjoyed it well enough.
With Rhodey in a hospital gown and still seemingly injured, he might have been replaced after his ouchie in Civil War. I HAAAAATE retroactive crap like that that affects too many things that the original filmmakers never intended. As mentioned before, his heart-to-hearts with Sam in Falcon and Winter Soldier were never intended to have that context.

Things like Drax's tattoos and Hulk's pants appeared during the Skrull fight. Those would not be in the DNA! Yeah, it could've been a conscious stylistic choice during their shapeshifting, but.... really? You gonna worry about cosmetics in a life-or-death battle?

Yeah that stuff was purely for the dumb audience to know exactly what powers were being used and from whom

So, something occurred to me yesterday, and I'm a bit salty about it...

If G'iah now has Carol's DNA/powers, how is she not entangled with them in Marvels?! Don't get me wrong, I don't WANT her there, necessarily, but it's now a fricking plot hole that didn't need to exist!

If G'iah now has Carol's DNA/powers, how is she not entangled with them in Marvels?! Don't get me wrong, I don't WANT her there, necessarily, but it's now a fricking plot hole that didn't need to exist!
I think it has more to do with the fact that Carol, Ms Marvel, & Photon are all imbued with their powers, but G'iah simply has access to them at will. Kind of like their power is in their DNA, but she can effectively change her DNA.

My feelings on the show were that they had & told a GREAT story all the way around, but just in a MUCH smaller scale than expected. I'm not going to crap on any of the newly introduced plot points that effect the larger scale until I see how they're resolved.

As Usagi said, G'iah doesn't permanently manifest them, she can just tap into them at will.

I have been hella busy and haven't had a chance to watch yet. Is it explicitly stated Rhodey has been there since his back was broken? Or are people making that assumption?

Apologies if we spoilerized, but it is not expressly stated. He's in a hospital gown and needs assistance to walk. It's within the possibility of "oh, not THAT accident, this was a later one we never told you about"...

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back