Secret Invasion - MCU Disney+

That AI generated opening is gross.

Gonna guess they didn’t actually shoot this in Moscow given how dangerous that would be

Last edited:
That AI generated opening is gross.

Gonna guess they didn’t actually shoot this in Moscow given how dangerous that would be
I think it's a common misconception that "AI generated" simply means click a button and it's done. It's not like ChatGPT.

There still needs to be a lot of human input, clean-up, compositing and fine tuning. It's not like someone just said "make a Marvel opening credits sequence called Secret Invasion". I think the best demonstration of AI as a tool has been shown by the great team at Corridor Digital where they used AI to create their own Anime short film.
You can watch it here:

A lot of the series was filmed during the pandemic and was done in the UK.

I think it's a common misconception that "AI generated" simply means click a button and it's done. It's not like ChatGPT.

There still needs to be a lot of human input, clean-up, compositing and fine tuning. It's not like someone just said "make a Marvel opening credits sequence called Secret Invasion". I think the best demonstration of AI as a tool has been shown by the great team at Corridor Digital where they used AI to create their own Anime short film.
You can watch it here:

A lot of the series was filmed during the pandemic and was done in the UK.
Thanks for sharing

That style of animation is very different than what's in this opening. Everything in this opening screams early MidJourney "art". I've generated similar images myself with very little effort. And it still steals styles from other uncredited artists to generate the images. As i said, it's gross.

That style of animation is very different than what's in this opening. Everything in this opening screams early MidJourney "art". I've generated similar images myself with very little effort. And it still steals styles from other uncredited artists to generate the images. As i said, it's gross.
Further to this discussion, Method Studios, the VFX house behind the credits sequence has clarified their use of AI.
Screenshot_20230622-164459.png

I think there's often a very knee jerk reaction when the terms AI generated are used. People don't realise it still takes a lot of human effort.

Last edited:
It's not the style I was highlighting but the process.

I think Fury will have a turnaround and come back to the fight after being away for so long. The snippets in various trailers seem to show him back in action with one shot even paying homage to his rocket launcher shot from the first Avengers film.
Have we seen the last of Hill and Ross? I hope not but I can understand if one or both get killed off permanently, it's that push to motivate Fury, the same as Coulson was the motivation for the Avengers which is a nice sort of callback.

So, basically, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier… with Nick Fury.
I'd disagree, TFATWS was a bit bland and had a very forgettable villain in the Flag Smashers, especially the leader of that group. Secret Invasion has an interesting antagonist in the Skrulls and their potential to be super powered thanks to this new device they are working on.

I'd disagree, TFATWS was a bit bland and had a very forgettable villain in the Flag Smashers, especially the leader of that group. Secret Invasion has an interesting antagonist in the Skrulls and their potential to be super powered thanks to this new device they are working on.
I hadn’t considered that. I basically thought episode two was a filler. Which you can’t afford with only 6 episodes.

I hadn’t considered that. I basically thought episode two was a filler. Which you can’t afford with only 6 episodes.
I didn't see it that way, we now know how much more dangerous the Skrulls could be if they are going to be able to duplicate powers of Frost Giants, Groot Extremis etc we also learned there are a million Skrulls on Earth, Fury has a Skrull wife and Rhodey has gained a lot of political power.

I didn't see it that way, we now know how much more dangerous the Skrulls could be if they are going to be able to duplicate powers of Frost Giants, Groot Extremis etc we also learned there are a million Skrulls on Earth, Fury has a Skrull wife and Rhodey has gained a lot of political power.
To be fair, I was watching it on my phone on the way to work! Maybe I need to pay a little more attention to it. Lol.

Yeah... So they're going to introduce Super-Skrull without having to tie it to the FF? I can get on board with that.

Groot can stretch
Extremis burns
Cull Obsidian is durable & strong

I guess the only variable is DNA from the Frost Beast, which if it could give some sort of ice-based abilities, would line up with the Power Skrull from the comics.

As a Welshman I appreciate Kingsley Ben Adir choosing to have a Welsh accent in Secret Invasion. Not an often heard accent on TV, especially a big budget American show.

I was bummed that Juliet Stevenson had to hide her accent as Maria Hill’s mom, and bummed that such a wonderful actor was used in such a small role in the MCU instead of finding a better role for her.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back