Secret Invasion - MCU Disney+

Series director Ali Selim was only given one directive by Kevin Feige and that was that Rhodey had to be struggling to walk going into his solo film Armour Wars.
So it is fair to assume that Rhodey must have been replaced very close to having been injured in Civil War.

‘Secret Invasion’ is the first Marvel D+ show that I was not a fan of the show. I thought the show was boring, the pacing lacked intensity, the show felt disorganized- many opportunities left wasted, many character moments and motivations left me confused, it just felt like a mess to me.

The story was fine, but I didn’t enjoy how they told the story via the show. If it was the exact same story but a book it would have been gripping and suspenseful to read, but as a TV show it felt lacking to me.

I’m happy I watched as a set-up for future Marvel movie/shows but I’ll never rewatch it.

img_1_1690865356224.jpg

The ending didn’t stick for me. By the time that they revealed Fury had been playing the long game all along… it was too late to suddenly invest at the end of episode 5.

Didn’t hate it, may do a rewatch at some point. Overall I’ll give it a 6.5.

This had so much potential but it just fell flat. I love the spy aspect with Fury leading the charge but it didnt hold up
I felt that it suffered from the same problem that a lot of the Disney Star Wars and MCU shows have been suffering and that's too much story and not enough episodes. Disney's writers and show runners just don't seem to know how to tell a cohesive story with even pacing in just 6 episodes. Disney needs to either be willing to pay out for 2 - 4 more episodes of their 6 episode shows a season, or really work hard at getting people who know how to work within the 6 episode constraint.

I felt that it suffered from the same problem that a lot of the Disney Star Wars and MCU shows have been suffering and that's too much story and not enough episodes. Disney's writers and show runners just don't seem to know how to tell a cohesive story with even pacing in just 6 episodes. Disney needs to either be willing to pay out for 2 - 4 more episodes of their 6 episode shows a season, or really work hard at getting people who know how to work within the 6 episode constraint.
100%. Which is why Andor worked so well for me. They took the time to really build the story and show how he was set upon his path.

‘Secret Invasion’ is the first Marvel D+ show that I was not a fan of the show. I thought the show was boring, the pacing lacked intensity, the show felt disorganized- many opportunities left wasted, many character moments and motivations left me confused, it just felt like a mess to me.

The story was fine, but I didn’t enjoy how they told the story via the show. If it was the exact same story but a book it would have been gripping and suspenseful to read, but as a TV show it felt lacking to me.

I’m happy I watched as a set-up for future Marvel movie/shows but I’ll never rewatch it.

Yeah, yet another slow burner, ending was weak and rushed.
-
I thought the best episode was when they attacked the USA President.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back