Scratch Built Delivery Ship 3011AD, The Nylon Gag MK.1 FINISHED.

C'mon, Tony, show's over, tell us what you won :D

Hello everyone,

First, I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has visited and commented on this build over the last two years.
Your comments have always been very positive and encouraging so thank's guys, i don't think it would of been so much fun without you all along for the ride.

It was very cool to be able to share my journey with so many people around the world thru the Interwebs.

I haven't been on the site that much lately as i got a bit burned out at the end and was just relieved to of finished the MK.1, i needed a few weeks off.

That was until this weekend when i went to IPMS Orlando's Modelpoluza 2013 where i met up with Mike J.

It was great to meet up mate, thanks again for everything buddy, watch the mail next week?

I received lots of positive feedback from lots of people which was very nice,

Plus, I won a Silver medal

Picture%2520057.jpg

It was my first ever competition and i really enjoyed the weekend.

So..................what to do next, what to do what to do?

Huuummmmm. I have a few ideas

So, stay tuned folks........

Take care and thanks again everyone

Gag

Congratulations on the medal!

Some might even say you deserved better :)

It was a pleasure to meet you and the Mark I, and the Mrs.

I'm glad you had a good time, and I hope you were able to fit in some fun stuff while you were in Orlando.

We are all eagerly awaiting your next project, no matter what the subject.

But the most important part is to have fun.

-MJ

MJ, your photos of the Gagster's Mk-1 look great.:thumbsup I'm very happy to hear your Mk-1 won a medal Gagster.:D I'm sure there were many other fine works in the competition. To those of us that watched your build, the Mk-1 will always be a Gold Medal winner!!!!!!!:cool:D Take a break:cheers and when you're ready I'm sure you will impress everyone at the RPF with your next project.
Reamer

PS, It's like MJ said, it's all about fun and having a good time and allowing the creative juices to flow!!!!!!

Last edited:
Well done mate.

Its great to see you getting some official recognition for this work of art. Silver medal first time - Gold the next?

Hope you're fully relaxed and able to enjoy the prospect of a follow up.

Like the guys said, to us you're a Gold Medal winner!!! But clearly, what you've accomplished is worth far more than any medal. Your to-die-for creativity is astounding. Sometimes I dream of doing something similar in your footsteps out of envy but it always seems like all designs have already been invented, heheh. That's where your talents shine.

Unbelievable. Has anybody actually won a gold medal at these events? The standards required must not be of this world! I suspect somebody must have thought you were a "ringer" and entered a proper film prop from a yet unreleased movie. Really, when you look at the rest ,as good as they are ,it doesn't really compute. But as it was an IPMs show the catagories and criteria for judging can be a little "rigerous" ,the one in Huddersfield has kicked out some odd results in its time.
Watching this design evolve, the extraordinary detailing created, and that final finished weathering and paint work was nothing short of an epic. Roger Corman would have stuck your ship into one of his films in a heartbeat! Looking forward to the next!

The detailing is breathtakingly insane. Several levels above anything seen in any movie. It would be great to see the whole model documented in many hi-def photos.

The long journey has finally reach the fullfilled goal.
I would like to express my deepest respect for what you have done.

Congrats!!

katsu

Maybe I'm just being a bit thick and I hate to cast any doubt over such a fantastically detailed ship after all the hours of painstaking labour that's been put in. It's just one little thing that's niggling at me. Surely a spacecraft would not have jet engines with intakes as space is a vacuum as there'd be nothing for the engines to take in! Rockets I have no problem with but these don;t appear to be rockets they look more like a jet designed to work in atmosphere. If I'm wrong feel free to put me in my place especially as I am somewhat of a novice and haven't built anything in years be it scratchbuilt or a kit! :)

She does look like she just came from a movie set. Damn she is gorgeous. Congrats on the medal, should have been GOLD!!!!

I hope you've started on something new, we want more! I like coming back to this thread just for inspiration. :thumbsup

Surely a spacecraft would not have jet engines with intakes as space is a vacuum as there'd be nothing for the engines to take in! Rockets I have no problem with but these don;t appear to be rockets they look more like a jet designed to work in atmosphere. If I'm wrong feel free to put me in my place especially as I am somewhat of a novice and haven't built anything in years be it scratchbuilt or a kit! :)

Google Bussard collector. That's not just a made-up Star Trek technology, somebody came up with the theory in the 50s or 60s.

Maybe I'm just being a bit thick and I hate to cast any doubt over such a fantastically detailed ship after all the hours of painstaking labour that's been put in. It's just one little thing that's niggling at me. Surely a spacecraft would not have jet engines with intakes as space is a vacuum as there'd be nothing for the engines to take in! Rockets I have no problem with but these don;t appear to be rockets they look more like a jet designed to work in atmosphere. If I'm wrong feel free to put me in my place especially as I am somewhat of a novice and haven't built anything in years be it scratchbuilt or a kit! :)

THIS IS A SPACESHIP?!?! Somehow, I got the impression that it was supposed to be a really crazy airplane/hovercraft type vehicle... But maybe I can see it being a spaceship in the Firefly vein, with rocket/scramjet hybrid engines... Either way, this is a damn fine piece of work!

--Alex

So what can I say that hasn't been said, simply put you give me the ballz to finally give mine a rip...cant thank you enough.
I do have a question though...I was hoping you could kinda of give a layout of your lighting schematics for this build...what all it entailed, ill go back over the thread see if the layout is somewhere. Lighting is the bane of my existence...any help would be appreciated, and again truly inspirational build my man.

Thanks for the compliment, glad i've inspired you to give it a go and be original mate.

The lighting was an $80 kit from starship modeller, with the addition of my own mix of LED colours (blue for the engines)

Starship Modeler Store: Starship Lighting Kit

I hope this helps, if you have anymore questions don't hesitate to ask

Gag

P.S Post#292 page 12

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back