Scratch Built Delivery Ship 3011AD, The Nylon Gag MK.1 FINISHED.

Re: Scratch Built Delivery Ship 3011AD, The Nylon Gag MK.1

The hitch is wonderful. Absolutely epic in context. I just love the whole look of the back end.

The subtlety of the flashlights and then those well-groomed mechanics, just tastfull.

I figure I'll drive over in the morning, spend the day, and drive back before it gets dark. Should be plenty of time. We'll see how this compares to WonderFest in Louisville.

-MJ

I figure I'll drive over in the morning, spend the day, and drive back before it gets dark. Should be plenty of time. We'll see how this compares to WonderFest in Louisville.

-MJ

Well not even the IPMS nationals that I've been to (although I can't believe I missed last year's nationals here in Orlando) have been as crazy as what I've seen from Wonderfest. But there's always tons of gorgeous pieces to admire, drool and photograph over..... Including this awesome giant piece of plastic and other bits! Looking forward to seeing it in person!

Re: Scratch Built Delivery Ship 3011AD, The Nylon Gag MK.1 FINISHED

Evenin All,

Well after 527 posts and 47280 views i think i'm finally there. :D

I've had such fun building this thing for the last 1 year and 11 months, and its been great to have you guys along for the ride.

So these are the finishing touches.

Attached some hydraulic links

Picture%2520101.jpg

Gave everything a black pastel wash then hit it with AK products.

Picture%2520104.jpg

Picture%2520103.jpg

Picture%2520102.jpg

Picture%2520106.jpg

Picture%2520107.jpg

Picture%2520110.jpg

I then hit the main engine vector thrust flaps with some flat black on the outside edges.

Picture%2520109.jpg

I then installed the main engines in the fairings

Picture%2520112.jpg

Picture%2520111.jpg

The back finished.

Picture%2520113.jpg

I then messed about with some more lights for around the Airlock and in the back by the hitch assembly, It just looked so dark. I didn't take any pictures of the process i just did it quick using cheap battery powered LED lights from the supermarket, $5;99 for two clusters of three LEDs, with microswitch and battery link up. Ten minutes of soldering and Bingo.

Then I moved everything into the dinning room for some final pictures.

Picture%2520117.jpg

Picture%2520118.jpg

Picture%2520119.jpg

Picture%2520124.jpg

Flaps up,

Picture%2520142.jpg

And down.

Picture%2520143.jpg

Picture%2520154.jpg

Underside and rear docking Vector thrusters,

Picture%2520155.jpg

Picture%2520156.jpg

Picture%2520158.jpg

Picture%2520159.jpg

Main Engine

Picture%2520160.jpg

Nose detail

Picture%2520168.jpg

Top view.

Picture%2520164.jpg

Picture%2520165.jpg

'Kiko'

Picture%2520184.jpg

Picture%2520198.jpg

Picture%2520208.jpg

Picture%2520187.jpg

Picture%2520129.jpg

I will try to take some better pictures but its so bloomin big.

(that's what she said)

I thank you for your support, it has been very much appreciated.

Take care

See you soon............

Gagsterman

Over and Out.

Re: Scratch Built Delivery Ship 3011AD, The Nylon Gag MK.1 FINISHED

What an awesome finish!!!!!! I love everything that you have done on this amazing journey. Your creation could be used in any science fiction movie and be the star of the show.

The question is where do you go from here? What will be the subject of your next creation? What ever it is, I'll be watching.

what an incredible build, purely breathtaking.
thank you for sharing it with every one . I look forward to seeing more :)

Lovely, lovely work, Gag! Are you quite sure it's finished? I can see a tow hitch with nothing on it, where's the cargo?

;)

Thank-you for the ride. It has been an adventure! :) I have learned a lot from this experience, and I hope to use it, one day, towards my own projects. You are truly an artist, my friend. Thank-you!:cheers

BRAVO! Such a wonderful build - very original design. Thank you so much for sharing. What's next? :)

To me it looks like the Nostromo and the Millenium Falcon had a baby and its BEAUTIFUL! The plumbing on the engines looks so realistic I cant believe my eyes! You really created something special! Great work!

I have watched this all the way. Probably the first time I have done that. and there has never been a point where I was disappointed or the new updates and photos have taken my breath away. Thank you for an awe inspiring build, it was a great journey and only one question...Does it come in red cozz...red ones go faster.

What a thing of beauty... I have just found this build thread and had to go thru it all without pausing.
Maybe I have missed it but what are the final dimensions of the ship (btw, do you plan to give her a name) ?
Astounding work, details, paintjob and all. Applause!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back