Scratch Built Delivery Ship 3011AD, The Nylon Gag MK.1 FINISHED.

Re: Scratch Built Delivery Ship 3011AD, The Nylon Gag MK.1

I hope you hook up with a computer wiz and do a short film with her... She is a totally awesome bird! :) I can't be the only one who would love to see her in action when she's done.

Wow. After seeing what you did I'm thinking you don't really want any large areas of yellow and blue, but more of a pin stripping effect, maybe something along leading edges. The metallic looks amazing.

Are you an aquarist? I noticed the penguin boxes in the background.

Are you an aquarist? I noticed the penguin boxes in the background.

I just have a small tank in the corner with two goldfish in, the Two Ronnies. Ron and Ron or is it Ron and Ron:D

Gag

I just have a small tank in the corner with two goldfish in, the Two Ronnies. Ron and Ron or is it Ron and Ron:D

Just as an aside, having heard your voice on Youtube, and read the sheer volume of British-sounding colloquialisms in your posts: you're not a natural Floridian, are you?

;)

Just as an aside, having heard your voice on Youtube, and read the sheer volume of British-sounding colloquialisms in your posts: you're not a natural Floridian, are you?

;)

No mate,

Berkshire born, Berkshire bread, strong in the arm and thick in the head :wacko

I'm originally from Newbury

I've lived in Florida since 2002

Couldn't take the crappy English weather any more. Over here its either really hot or really really hot :cool

I now live within walking distance of the Miami International speedway

And within a 1/2 hour drive from Key Largo

I believe I am the most southerly RPF member in the U.S.A

Smashing :D

Gag

Ah, that explains it! I went to college in Thame, and used to nip up the A40 to Stratford and Brum, so I know Banbury well enough!

I'm down in Surrey, not a million miles away, and, with the current temperature being +30° C, not million degrees from Florida!

:D

Ah, that explains it! I went to college in Thame, and used to nip up the A40 to Stratford and Brum, so I know Banbury well enough!

I'm down in Surrey, not a million miles away, and, with the current temperature being +30° C, not million degrees from Florida!

:D

Newbury, not Banbury. :D

Newbury is about 30 miles south of Oxford

So we are both Southern Tossers, rather than Northern Monkeys correct? :D

The temperature was 29C as i drove to work in the dark this morning. :wacko, In August and September it gets hotter, it does rain here but its warm rain and the temperature is still in the 80's (26C+). Warm puddles :lol my favourite

Gag

Wow Gag it all paid off......beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your paint work is absolutely incredible. Every time I comeback to this thread the progress just keeps getting better.

Newbury, not Banbury. :D

Newbury is about 30 miles south of Oxford

So we are both Southern Tossers, rather than Northern Monkeys correct? :D

The temperature was 29C as i drove to work in the dark this morning. :wacko, In August and September it gets hotter, it does rain here but its warm rain and the temperature is still in the 80's (26C+). Warm puddles :lol my favourite

Gag

Serves me right for posting late at night!

Newbury, close enough to be a local! ;)

Tony, check your mail! :D

Wow, as i have said many many times, you Mike J are the man.

Some of the packets are not even opened, brand new no less

You are a true top bloke, can't wait to meet you in September.

He sent me a large pack of decals people, like i said Top Bloke status + 1

Thanks man

Gag

Evenin Every Peeps,

Thank you for the comments, at this stage, more than ever, i appreciate everyone who takes the time to leave a message.

Its getting close to crunch time and i am nervous because i could really bugger this up if i don't chose the appropriate final paint pattern.
Only i can decide, i have done maybe 35-40 variations but nothing has 'spoken' to me, yet.

But thats later,

First, we must do some touch ups.

I seem to of missed this back section entirely whilst painting, to much Voddy maybe.

So i was back to the usual routine, mask.

Picture%2520218.jpg

Base colour of metallic grey

Picture%2520220.jpg

Matt black 'scorch' marks

Picture%2520221.jpg

De-mask

Picture%2520222.jpg

I then masked off various random panels and gave them a light shot with some different shades of grey.

Picture%2520225.jpg

Picture%2520226.jpg

Picture%2520227.jpg

After looking at the ship for quite some time i decided something didn't flow right, in this picture there seemed to me that there was a deffinate disconnect between the front wing section and the main wing section
Can you see what i mean.

Picture%2520190.jpg

So i masked off the small intake section on the front and gave it the metallic grey edge, crome silver center, matt black low lights treatment

Picture%2520232.jpg

Picture%2520233.jpg

I then masked the top vents, inserting a piece of paper to cover the inside details, gave them a shot of gloss black then some Alclad chrome.

Picture%2520228.jpg

Picture%2520229.jpg

Then did the same for the rear grill

Picture%2520230.jpg

Personally, i think it looks better

Picture%2520235.jpg

Now comes the tricky bit.

I added some yellow and blue masking tape to represent my favourite pattern idea so far
I don't want to cover the rear upper wing details with the colour but i do want it to be an interesting shape and not just boring pin stripe lines, i think they have to be straight as curved just looks random and wrong to me.
I figure that 'Kiko', my pilot, is an individual dude (like me) and wants some colour on his ride he's handy with a spray gun so he can custom paint it himself but he appreciates the asthetic lines of the ship so wants to compliment them and not destract from them.
Got it, piece of cake right.

I need opinions folks, this is driving me crazy, i am, quite literally, losing sleep over this. I think i have an overactive brain.

Help me RPF'ers

My least sucky design so far with tape.

Picture%2520241.jpg

Picture%2520242.jpg

Picture%2520243.jpg

The missus is in Vegas for a few days with work so i'm 'Home Alone' till early Monday morning, so if i'm not at my bench, i'm gunna be sleepin or cookin, or i might go to the movies to see Pacific Rim tomorrow morning for a bit of inspiration.

You know i've never been to the movies by myself.

OK people, pizzas is done, dinner time.

Let the weathering begin, after a few more little odds and sods.

Stay tuned my brothers and sisters

Gagsterman

OUT

Every group of pictures is better than the last.

I like the stripe design you put on - one possible suggestion: perhaps reverse it, so that the blue is on the outside? I'm wondering if the yellow might blur with the gray if seen at a distance.

Regardless, don't worry about the coloring. You've shown an incredible eye for design so far. Whatever paint scheme you decide on will be fine.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back