Scott Pilgrim Shirts and Costume Thread

So does anyone know where we can get a Plumtree shirt with "Mass Teen Fainting" printed on the back for cheaper than 80's tees?

So does anyone know where we can get a Plumtree shirt with "Mass Teen Fainting" printed on the back for cheaper than 80's tees?

Zephyr, I think the $24 80sTees is charging isn't unreasonable, especially for the included back graphics. I purchased one directly from Plumtree's website (plumtree.ca) for $20 + shipping, and it didn't come with back graphics. It also seemed like Plumtree ran out, or was outsourcing, since the t shirt came from the Tvstoreonline.com. I think the only way you'll get around the cost is to DIY.

Hi! i have a question, the parka from That Indie Look and the parka from princesvintage, except for the color, are the same parka, right?

thank youu :)

Hi! i have a question, the parka from That Indie Look and the parka from princesvintage, except for the color, are the same parka, right?

thank youu :)

Dylan, the parkas from the two are very similar. The colour is nearly identical for the two (ThatIndieLook has poor / too white lighting for their product photos). On the other hand, the parkas on ThatIndieLook are not as slim as they look in the product pictures: they're pinned behind the mannequins to seem slimmer. I would advise you ask for all the measurements (Chest, Length, Arm length, Waist) from any seller before buying one. But other than fit, the parkas are all essentially the same, yes.

Zephyr, I think the $24 80sTees is charging isn't unreasonable, especially for the included back graphics. I purchased one directly from Plumtree's website (plumtree.ca) for $20 + shipping, and it didn't come with back graphics. It also seemed like Plumtree ran out, or was outsourcing, since the t shirt came from the Tvstoreonline.com. I think the only way you'll get around the cost is to DIY.

The $24 is pretty cheap, but the shipping to Toronto is $16 so it comes out to $40 for the t-shirt. =\ I found one on ebay but I'm not sure if it has the back graphic on it.

I just posted the thread for the second run of SP Heart shirts. If you're interested/have expressed interest in this thread, please go over there, read it, and confirm. Because Halloween is fast approaching, the list won't be open long.

http://www.therpf.com/f13/scott-pilgrim-sp-heart-shirt-second-run-97924/#post1398033

Just got my (official) SP Heart and ZERO tees in the mail today. I didn't mind the actual Pumpkins text on the back (I'm a fan), and I was curious about the wear/fading on the heart. Oddly enough, the ZERO shirt, while also not being a ringer, like in the film (which I knew upfront), has the text and star in a shiny silver (which I didn't know). Regardless, it's still a sweet t-shirt, IMO.

Here is the film, and mine:
zXPDv.jpg
gxMhv.jpg

So if anyone is in doubt about whether to order one of the official ones, or one of Risu's, I would whole-heartedly suggest Risu's over the official for a few reasons:
  • The size of the official heart, like Risu previously mentioned, is rather large, compared to the one in the film. It's about 8" wide by 15" long, which is almost collar-bone to belt on a small.
  • The fading on the official heart isn't worn like the picture depicts.
  • The t-shirt itself is the exact same Canvas ringer that Risu found, and in total I paid £16 GBP, which is $25.60 USD, without shipping, for an official print.

Risu, I was wondering if you had attempted to artificially "wear" one of the hearts of your tees, to get the darker ink from below to show. I'm very curious to know how that would turned out.

Hey, does anyone know where could i find the jacket Ramona is wearing at the first battle of the bands? (at the rockit) I don't have a photo of it unfortunately. It only appears for one scene (The one with the zoom-in zoom-outs with Stacy, her boyfriend, Knives, Ramona and Wallace. "I have...to...go"). I desperately need your help.

Thanks a lot! :)
Tom

Well I can finally post this since I received it a few days ago. Heres one of the knit hats, that I won at a charity auction when the movie first came out. I know of at 6 of them were made for the movie. Even though the auction said it was screen used I think it was more as a backup. Although after talking to one of the wardrobe assist. from the movie he said that all of them were used at some point, either for reshoots or what not, and they would cycle each hat in and out so that way they all could be considered screen used (kinda like they did with the 8 Freddy gloves from the new NOES).

Anyways,....besides the hat, it came with a letter from Elayne (who made them for the movie), a COA, and an 8x10 signed picture of Michael Cera which he wrote "Enjoy the hat, I have head lice"

2m5xnia.jpg

j7voli.jpg

Hey, does anyone know where could i find the jacket Ramona is wearing at the first battle of the bands? (at the rockit) I don't have a photo of it unfortunately. It only appears for one scene (The one with the zoom-in zoom-outs with Stacy, her boyfriend, Knives, Ramona and Wallace. "I have...to...go"). I desperately need your help.

Thanks a lot! :)
Tom

Don't know where to find it but I figured I'd post a pic so others can see the jacket you're talking about :)

ramonajacket.png

I came upon this thread while trying to decide on what to be for Halloween this year and I've got half of the items ordered and shipped. I wanted to thank everyone for their tips and suggestions on sourcing and identifying accurate materials for a Scott Pilgrim costume. My dilema now is what shirt and shoe combination to pick as trying to find Adidas Superstar 2's where I am isn't terribly easy (let alone find the right size).

Earlier in this thread people mentioned buying red and white wristbands and then dying the white parts yellow to match the plumtree shirt. You might give that a shot.

Sorry for not getting back to everybody who PMed me until tonight, I was out of town and wasn't able to check the forum at all. Because of this, I've extended the signup/confirm date to Sunday (17th). If you'd still like in, please let me know ASAP.

anyone know where i can find the red and yellow wristbands that Scott wears that match his Plumtree shirt in the first battle?

Well, when Scott wears his Plumtree shirt (Which i ordered yesterday from TV Store Online and i hope is good) he's wearing a "Yellow/red wristband". I couldn't find "yellow/red" but i did find "yellow/red/white" here:

Amazon.com: Striped Wristbands Pair: Clothing: Reviews, Prices & more

Hope it's good enough. maybe you could dye the white to red or something.

anyone know where i can find the red and yellow wristbands that Scott wears that match his Plumtree shirt in the first battle?

I'm going with dying the white part of a red-white-red wristband. Since it looks like it's about $11-12 to get one pair, I actually opted for the wholesale 6-pair-pack from Sweatbands, sports knee socks (softball, baseball), basketball ankle socks, sweat wristband, sweat headband, toe socks, from manufacturer wholesaler Couver, x.couver.us for $24. That way I have at least one test pair (coming out even) and then I'll figure out what to do with the rest of them later.

Dyeing the red-yellow-white ones red will be difficult since you'd ideally have to keep a hard line on the red dye, whereas putting the red-white-red one in yellow dye shouldn't mess with the red part too much.

I'm going with dying the white part of a red-white-red wristband...

...Dyeing the red-yellow-white ones red will be difficult since you'd ideally have to keep a hard line on the red dye, whereas putting the red-white-red one in yellow dye shouldn't mess with the red part too much.

Not sure if I've read this wrong but the wristbands he wears with the Plumtree shirt are yellow with a red stripe, not red with a yellow stripe.

arts-scott-pilgrim-584.jpg

Here are all the wristband colours I could spot in the movie (if anyone noticed any I've missed please say!)

Untitled.jpg

I too am finding these colour combinations quite hard to find and a DIY dye job may be the best way to go for now!

Thanks for the help trying to find a match for the CBC shirt guys.

Setzer, don't suppose you can post a link to the Old Navy one that's a match? I can't find anything close when I check their website.

Eponandilas, I've checked out the one you mentioned but I'm looking for one a bit darker. The ones I've found online are grey like this:

gildan-ultra-blend-2100g-women-t-shirts.jpg

17231_fm.jpg

But I'm looking for a grey that's a little darker with the rings being pretty much black, like this:

scottpilgrimcbclogo.jpg

Also Setzer, thanks for saying you'd be interested in a Sharpie shirt but that was just a one off I got a friend of mine who owns a clothes shop with a t-shirt printing service to run up for me. I just did it cos it was an easy black and white design and isn't professionally screened or anything like the ones Risu and Laamberry are able to produce. So wouldn't be very cost effictive for me to make more and I'm gonna hang on to that one. :)

So in trying to find a suitable and affordable pair of Superstar 2's to wear I have been trying to make up my mind on what t-shirt to either make or order. The CBC shirt's darkness looks similiar to this shirt on the Wawa Gas website:

dark_gray_ringer_tee.jpg
. If we could find out what brand of tee this is it may help to get a good replica CBC t-shirt to the SP fans.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back