Scott Pilgrim Shirts and Costume Thread

Didn't see this anywhere, but for Scott Pilgrim's black Adidas, does anyone know what type they are? They definitely don't look like the Superstars 2. Maybe Campus II?

Thanks in advance.

Best shot I could find is this:

trainersblack.jpg

These seem close:

ADDCME005.jpg

Found them online in the UK here: FreshCrepz.co.uk but I'm sure they're available in the US too.

Anyone got any ideas as to where I can get those white and red wrist sweatbands Scott wears? I can only find red-white-red at the moment, instead of white-red-white which he wears.

Failing that, how easy would it be to dye the red stripe onto some white sweatbands? Would it be easier just to use a red permanent marker?

I saw two people wearing those black ones today. They couldn't be too hard to find.

I think the Campus 80s run has come to or coming to an end. They're definitely harder to come by than the Campus II in terms of being available at brick and mortar shops and even online. Can probably find a pair of black/white if given some time, but Halloween is coming up, so won't have the time unfortunately. btw, thanks rpat for posting the pic.

Have you tried looking for a pair of Adidas Campus Evolution?

adida309019_49064_jb.jpg

51LhVMf6lGL__SL500_.jpg

Or these ones seem to be more readily avalable online, although the bottom of the sole is grey. Maybe it could be painted white?

main.jpg

Last edited:
Received my SP ringer from Risu today! It looks amazing!

@Risu - That was completely awesome! I'd definitely be down if you're going to do anymore shirts that haven't been done on the board yet.

Can't seem to find any Yellow/Red Wristbands to go with my Plumtree shirt :\
Anyone know where to find one?

Oh and also those white/red ones for the Bass shirt. I find some, but they're usually Red-White-Red Instead of White-Red-White.

Anyone got any ideas as to where I can get those white and red wrist sweatbands Scott wears? I can only find red-white-red at the moment, instead of white-red-white which he wears.

Failing that, how easy would it be to dye the red stripe onto some white sweatbands? Would it be easier just to use a red permanent marker?

Have finally found some white/red/white sweatbands on eBay. Unfortunately they're children's ones!

B3zyUZwmkKGrHqIOKiYEyBJ8RIwPBMnmD9QRww_3.jpg

The description lists them as measuring 2 1/4 in long by 2 1/4 in wide so probably best to decide whether that's too small for you before buying them. But honestly they are the only ones I've seen online that are the correct white/red/white colour and not the red/white/red ones which are much easier to find.

I know I'm not supposed to post eBay links on here so try searching for 'Kids/Children 3 pc Striped Headband & Wristband set' and hopefully you'll find them.

EDIT: Just found this

http://gmbshair.amazonwebstore.com/1Sweatband-2Wristband-ColorStripeInTheMiddle/M/B002QDMT94.htm

Looks like they do white ones with a red stripe.

Last edited:
It's coming right down the wire but I received my parka, X-men patch and Adidas Superstar II's from ebay. I'm just missing the SP Heart ringer tee now but I may have to find an alternative if it doesn't arrive by tomorrow. I'm thinking if I could find a Legend of Zelda tee in green that something like that would work as part of the retro and gaming references in the movie.

If you need to knock up a t-shirt quickly I've found that a cheap and easy way is to use iron-on paper to print a design onto. The only problem is it doesn't really survive once you put it in the washing machine. So only good for a couple of wears. But not bad if you need something quick. Here's an example:

2.jpg

1.jpg

Hey, I suppose I've found this thread too late to get in on one of the SP heart shirts? Been trying to throw together a very last minute halloween costume, and it's obviously too late to get one for that, but I still like the shirt so if I'm not too late consider me interested and toss me an e-mail?

*edit*
As I'm still trying to throw together something for Halloween, I don't think I saw anyone point out this one but how does this look for a match for a base shirt for 4 1/2?

Clothes for women, men, kids and baby | Old Navy

It looks like a pretty good color match to me, and probably the best bet for me at the moment. I'm not likely to find perfectly matching wristbands at this point but that doesn't bother me too much, I ought to be able to find some decent blue ones or something.

Also, any tips on use of iron on transfers? I know the quality won't be as good as screening but It's also much simpler and cheaper and requires less knowledge for the time I have available.

Last edited:
Here's my 4 1/2 tee I made today. Not the best, but I'm happy with it. Got the shirt from american apparel and used an iron on for dark tees.

tumblr_lb33q3wwK91qe2tj6o1_500.jpg

1os8g6v7ue

Looks really good, jrands. Quite similar to one I made using iron-on paper.
The logo looks a little off centre in this photo but looked better when worn. And is maybe a little too small.
I think yours came out a lot better.

DSC_0244-1.jpg

Unfortunately after washing it now looks like this:

1-1.jpg

Hope someone is able to produce a proper screen printed version as it seems this would be a popular shirt.

Thanks rpat. Well, it just looks much more vintage now! But, it would be great if someone made a screen. Also, there's I think "industrial" strength iron-on paper out there that will last more than a few washings. The only company I can recall at the moment is JPSS which stands for jet pro something.

Here's my outfit for Halloween. Not exactly seen anywhere in SP, but more SP inspired.

tumblr_lb4pjyY0BU1qe2tj6o1_500.jpg

hi.
is there any chance to get the red ringer shirt with the bass logo on it?
i saw the t-shirt run thread but i think its too late to get onto the list, right?

i'm also searching for the "hunting earflap cap" scott pilgrim wears while fighting lucas lee.
any hints in this direction?

Dylan, they're quite warm. The nylon shell is very wind/water resistant, and the polyester padding keeps the wearer warm. It also has snug cuffs, to prevent drafts up the sleeve. Here's the wikipedia page on it with all the history / details of the parka: Snorkel Parka

Maybe I'm seeing things wrong, but it looks like the parka Scott wears has a cotton blend exterior, whereas all the ones I'm seeing around the web have a synthetic exterior. Has anyone seen a cotton one?

Yodajammies: That looks awesome!

tofuhero: the one in the movie was custom made based off of what was most likely a snorkel parka.

EDIT: Also, I just got my lulu-bee hat in the mail, it was well worth the wait and money.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back