Scott Pilgrim Shirts and Costume Thread

You're confirmed, but for everybody else, just for keeping everything organized, please confirm only in the run thread or PMs. It helps me keep track and doesn't clutter up this thread.

Has anyone succeeded in finding a cheap Plumtree t-shirt with the Mass Teen Fainting on the back? I know the 80's shirt site has it but its like $40 with shipping >_<

this might help some people, purchased this parka and it came in this week. Its missing the fur but the nice thing about this one is that it has a removable lining so you can add an orange lining if youd like. im going to the fabric store and try it out.

Just got my Princes Vintage (eBay) Snorkel parka today. Here are some side-by-sides for your consideration.

lgqEO.jpg
zXPDv.jpg

X6FJu.jpg

I must admit, I'm quite happy with this one.

Awesome coat! What size did you grab in that?

Awesome coat! What size did you grab in that?

Thanks Ctu. I ordered a small- my waist/chest sizes were too small for the first one I ordered from ThatIndieLook, which would better fit an average-sized male. The ones offered by Princes Vintage were slimmer, and the unique one I ordered had an extra inch on the arms, which benefited my lankiness. Here are its stats:
chest - pit to pit 22"
length - nape to hem 28.5"
sleeves - pit to cuff 19"
Pay attention to the measurements that they offer. I got out a ruler and measured one of the other coats I own to gauge what would best fit me. Then again, I was more concerned about the parka fitting because I want to wear it on the regular (Canadian winters!), instead of as a Hallowe'en costume.

It's not immediately obvious because he has his coat on, but he wears the white shoes with black stripes with both the CBC and SARS shirts.

This is a really awesome wrap up, by the way, thanks!

Hey minor breakthrough. Think the shoes he wears with the Zero shirt are Adidas Originals Campus shoes. Check those out. The back of the heel is white whereas onscreen they may be black but they do have the three white stripes with the WHITE sole.

As the supply of Snorkel Parkas on eBay has started to run thin (unless you're willing to pay a lot of money), I've decided to be a little more DIY about it. Old Navy has a blue snorkel jacket which looks pretty similar:

Clothes for women, men, kids and baby | Old Navy

I just got mine for $35 as part of last week's sale, but there are tons of coupons you can use online as well. It runs a little small (I had to go a size up), but it's not bulky or heavy, so it'll be perfect for Halloween. It's missing the orange liner and fur hood trim, so I'm thinking I'll use the money I saved on this cheaper jacket to tackle those issues myself.

I found similar faux fur trim here (which shouldn't be too hard to add to the hood):

50Mm "Faux Fur" Cordedge

I'm not sure if I'm going to bother taking on the orange quilted jacket liner, as that might take a lot of effort for minimal payoff, but if anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.

Additionally, you can get the patch on etsy here, but be quick because there aren't a lot left:

XMen Emblem Iron On Patch by JoJoCustomizes on Etsy

Hope this is helpful, since the original jacket are getting rarer and more expensive as people try to make SP costumes. Now I'm just waiting on that second run of SP heart shirts.

With the X-men Patch, do you know how long shipping to the UK takes?

I just posted the thread for the second run of SP Heart shirts. If you're interested/have expressed interest in this thread, please go over there, read it, and confirm. Because Halloween is fast approaching, the list won't be open long.

http://www.therpf.com/f13/scott-pilgrim-sp-heart-shirt-second-run-97924/#post1398033

I just send you a private message, I'm very interested, as I say in the message, but I can't post in the Junkyard yet. keep in touch by private messages!

Hi! do you know the composition of the parka? i mean keep you warm?
Thanks a lot!

Dylan, they're quite warm. The nylon shell is very wind/water resistant, and the polyester padding keeps the wearer warm. It also has snug cuffs, to prevent drafts up the sleeve. Here's the wikipedia page on it with all the history / details of the parka: Snorkel Parka

I just posted the thread for the second run of SP Heart shirts. If you're interested/have expressed interest in this thread, please go over there, read it, and confirm. Because Halloween is fast approaching, the list won't be open long.

http://www.therpf.com/f13/scott-pilgrim-sp-heart-shirt-second-run-97924/#post1398033

Hey I am sorry to post this here but every time I try to PM the message sends and then does not appear under sent messages so I don't know if you are receiving them. I would like to confirm my one medium shirt. Thanks!

Hey I am sorry to post this here but every time I try to PM the message sends and then does not appear under sent messages so I don't know if you are receiving them. I would like to confirm my one medium shirt. Thanks!

I had the same problem when I joined. Just go into your setting by clicking User CP in the top left and then click on Edit Options. Check the box that says "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default" and now all messages you send will appear in the send folder. I'm not sure why this isn't turned on by default

I had the same problem when I joined. Just go into your setting by clicking User CP in the top left and then click on Edit Options. Check the box that says "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default" and now all messages you send will appear in the send folder. I'm not sure why this isn't turned on by default

Thanks for the help!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back