Scott Pilgrim Shirts and Costume Thread

Anyone in the UK (not sure if its the same in USA) might want to check out GAP's sale at the moment as they've got layering T-shirts the same colours as Young Neil has for £2.99 each. I picked up a lavender and dark grey one. Might try and print the heart on the sleeve at some point.

Hey guys! I just finished reading through this thread - I love hearing about everyone's steals and custom creations.

I'm working on a Scott Pilgrim group with some friends for PAX East, and my Ramona costume is coming together nicely (thanks for the tips on the hammer!), but I do NOT want to spend $120 on her purse, plus I just got a sewing machine for Christmas. Does anyone know of a tutprial on how to make a similar purse? I've searched Google and cutoutandkeep.com to no avail =( I did find one personal blog, but the instructions were very hard to follow.

Gideon's pin is also quite a daunting task for me x.x

Any assistance for Ramona, Gideon, or Patel would be greatly appreciated!

Again, just wanted to say how freaking awesome you guys are!:D

Hey guys! I just finished reading through this thread - I love hearing about everyone's steals and custom creations.

I'm working on a Scott Pilgrim group with some friends for PAX East, and my Ramona costume is coming together nicely (thanks for the tips on the hammer!), but I do NOT want to spend $120 on her purse, plus I just got a sewing machine for Christmas. Does anyone know of a tutprial on how to make a similar purse? I've searched Google and cutoutandkeep.com to no avail =( I did find one personal blog, but the instructions were very hard to follow.

Gideon's pin is also quite a daunting task for me x.x

Any assistance for Ramona, Gideon, or Patel would be greatly appreciated!

Again, just wanted to say how freaking awesome you guys are!:D

Are you working on a specific Ramona costume from the film or just a general representation of Ramona? I ask because I've amassed quite a bit of info on Ramona's various costumes in the film and would be happy to assist.

For this occasion, I'm specifically doing her standard outfit from the Scott Pilgrim video game, seen here , but I'd be interested in any information you have on her costumes, as I will likely do other versions in the future.

Thanks so much!:love

had a look in a vintage shop in dublin and there were original blue parkas with the orange lining there :D im so happy! elayne also mailed me to say my hat was in the mail so cant wait to get it!

so my hat arrived anyways :D

have some pics for those of you that want to see if yer thinkin of ordering one for yourselves...

IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

hat.jpg

I saw another heart shirt going for relatively cheap on eBay so I sniped it (from ctu92, as I would find out later :$).

Of note is that it appears to be distressed as in the movie (!), and that it's a small, yet a couple of inches longer than the medium I got last time. I guess the medium really was hemmed up.

My theory is that the small was for Michael Cera and the medium for the stunt double. If you watch the final battle closely, you can identify the double as having slightly more muscle tone, explaining the larger size, and I can't find any evidence of distress of his shirt while watching in slow motion (though the shots are of course quick and blurry).

Edit: I could probably be talked into selling the medium one fairly cheaply, but ctu92 gets first dibs :).

Hey Tim, would you mind scanning that new shirt for me? I might be able to better work the distressing into my next run depending on the way it's done.

The auction ticked me off. Reasonable offers were made before the auctions ever started and turned down...taken into account ebay and paypal fees the items I wanted didnt even sell. The money recieved would have been about the same with the opening prices....nuff said.

That and then making the listings private....I don't bid on private auctions....for obvious reasons.

My love of the film does not outweigh my apathy at making it hard to purchase something. __________________

So you mightremember me posting this a page or so back. I was very suspicious that some of the high priced items early on got bids on them...low and behold they have been relisted and from what I can see in the case of some of them they are the same item....

In my view not kosha ....but just wanted to back up my earlier theory that things werent as seemed.

The auction ticked me off. Reasonable offers were made before the auctions ever started and turned down...taken into account ebay and paypal fees the items I wanted didnt even sell. The money recieved would have been about the same with the opening prices....nuff said.

That and then making the listings private....I don't bid on private auctions....for obvious reasons.

My love of the film does not outweigh my apathy at making it hard to purchase something. __________________

So you mightremember me posting this a page or so back. I was very suspicious that some of the high priced items early on got bids on them...low and behold they have been relisted and from what I can see in the case of some of them they are the same item....

In my view not kosha ....but just wanted to back up my earlier theory that things werent as seemed.

I have all the original and relisted items on my watch list.

No items that were bid upon during the first series of auctions were relisted that I see... or can you provide links to the original auctions proving this?

I had a talk with her about the hat before auctions were up. She said she had one more. The hat from the previous auction was sold. Someone else told me she said she had up to 4 from buying all the stunt hats.

I had a talk with her about the hat before auctions were up. She said she had one more. The hat from the previous auction was sold. Someone else told me she said she had up to 4 from buying all the stunt hats.

The hat that's up now looks to be the long brim prototype discussed in the dvd special features.

Hey Tim, would you mind scanning that new shirt for me? I might be able to better work the distressing into my next run depending on the way it's done.

Sure, but it may be a week or so. I don't happen to have a large piece of cardboard lying around this time.

the ramona....200568690854
was 200563864161

When I asked her she only had one...so now she has another?

Ahh...so now im seeing that "this is the only one I have" is now I have a Cera and 3 other stunts...

I guess someone should have gone to Its a wrap hollywood and bought this all for cost.

Anyone fancy going over there and seeing what they have left?

the ramona....200568690854
was 200563864161

When I asked her she only had one...so now she has another?

Ahh...so now im seeing that "this is the only one I have" is now I have a Cera and 3 other stunts...

I guess someone should have gone to Its a wrap hollywood and bought this all for cost.

Anyone fancy going over there and seeing what they have left?

Bitter much?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back