Scott Pilgrim Shirts and Costume Thread

I think some others have attempted to make offers before and they were turned down. It's funny though because this is only the stunt hat and it's on sale for like 3 times as much as the one Michal Cera wore isn't it? Ive asked a couple of costume commissioners for quotes on a replica and they said it was too complex.
Also Kyo since you have the original have you noticed if there's any differences between that and the stunt version.
Virtually no difference at all actually, I would say the only difference is the double sided tape residue on the inside, but other than that, it's exactly the same.

After reading the books again (digitally via Comixology on my iPad this time - the last book is down to $7 now), I think I'd like to get a star shirt (the shirt Scott wears during the second half of the final battle in the comic book). Thoraxe mentioned if a few pages ago... though I don't know what colors it was in since the comic is b/w. I guess maybe a yellow star on a dark green (or gray/bluish) shirt??

After reading the books again (digitally via Comixology on my iPad this time - the last book is down to $7 now), I think I'd like to get a star shirt (the shirt Scott wears during the second half of the final battle in the comic book). Thoraxe mentioned if a few pages ago... though I don't know what colors it was in since the comic is b/w. I guess maybe a yellow star on a dark green (or gray/bluish) shirt??

the box set of the books has a color version of scott wearing that shirt.

Oh ok, it was the outside of the box. Like a brown/tan shirt and a yellow star. Looks good to me.
Personally I hated that colour shirt since I first saw it, somehow it just doesn't look like right to me. When I read it in the comic I imained it as a light blue shirt with yellow star. But that's just my opinion :)
500x_scott_pilgrim_box_set.jpg

The auction ticked me off. Reasonable offers were made before the auctions ever started and turned down...taken into account ebay and paypal fees the items I wanted didnt even sell. The money recieved would have been about the same with the opening prices....nuff said.

Then when I told her I knew where it all came from I was asked to not tell anyone....the place by the way was Its a wrap in hollywood....and most of the stuff if not all was stunt according to my source there.

That and then making the listings private....I don't bid on private auctions....for obvious reasons.

My love of the film does not outweigh my apathy at making it hard to purchase something.

The auction ticked me off. Reasonable offers were made before the auctions ever started and turned down...taken into account ebay and paypal fees the items I wanted didnt even sell. The money recieved would have been about the same with the opening prices....nuff said.

Then when I told her I knew where it all came from I was asked to not tell anyone....the place by the way was Its a wrap in hollywood....and most of the stuff if not all was stunt according to my source there.

That and then making the listings private....I don't bid on private auctions....for obvious reasons.

My love of the film does not outweigh my apathy at making it hard to purchase something.
I didn't end up bidding on anything in the end as the auctions all ended between 2am and 3am for me and it was all a bit pricey for what I wanted. So what actually did and didn't sell? Was there any suprises like items that sold for more than they were worth or bargains that went unsold?

Many of the items went for far more than I expected. Lucas Lee's leather jacket went for $700+, Knives's scarf from the final battle went for aprox. $250. Scott's stunt hat for well north of $350.

Many of the items went for far more than I expected. Lucas Lee's leather jacket went for $700+, Knives's scarf from the final battle went for aprox. $250. Scott's stunt hat for well north of $350.
That's interesting. I thought the Lucas Lee jacket might have gone for more than the others because her one has Chris Evans name written on the collar whereas some of the others had stuntmens names. Knives scarf is pretty much her most iconic costume item from the movie (in my opinion anyway) so that kind of makes sense but over $350 for the stunt hat? They obviously didn't know about Kyo's bargaintastic purchase of the non stunt one :p Does anyone know if that set of Patel's (stuntman) full outfit sold for $850? I'm curious to see if anyone thought it was worth that much.

These reasons aren't all that obvious to me. The fact they were marked private annoyed me too, but I'm too naive to figure out what advantage this actually gave her.

That's interesting. I thought the Lucas Lee jacket might have gone for more than the others because her one has Chris Evans name written on the collar whereas some of the others had stuntmens names. Knives scarf is pretty much her most iconic costume item from the movie (in my opinion anyway) so that kind of makes sense but over $350 for the stunt hat? They obviously didn't know about Kyo's bargaintastic purchase of the non stunt one :p Does anyone know if that set of Patel's (stuntman) full outfit sold for $850? I'm curious to see if anyone thought it was worth that much.

The Patel outfit did not sell. I had my eyes on it but with no other bids I just couldn't justify spending that much, especially having just dropped $760 on a Lucas Lee jacket. :D

These reasons aren't all that obvious to me. The fact they were marked private annoyed me too, but I'm too naive to figure out what advantage this actually gave her.

The Patel outfit did not sell. I had my eyes on it but with no other bids I just couldn't justify spending that much, especially having just dropped $760 on a Lucas Lee jacket. :D

Private auctions allow the seller to shill-bid on their own listings. I am not in anyway suggesting that la_stranger did shill-bid, just that private listings do allow sellers to get away with it.

Private auctions allow the seller to shill-bid on their own listings. I am not in anyway suggesting that la_stranger did shill-bid, just that private listings do allow sellers to get away with it.

All auctions have been semi-anonymous on ebay for some time. You cannot see who you are bidding against, even when the auction isn't private.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back