Rudy Pando V3 WIP

I spy with my little eye some goodies :lol::p
View attachment 1532210
Here you go haha

F9D2DE4E-87BC-465E-A500-63F07EFEDB46.jpeg

Forgot to update this with the last big change. Ordered a piece of brass on eBay and cut out my own clamp card. Cut out some black electrical tape for the traces.

Now I just need a V2 to finish off my main Luke Skywalker collection.
560CE4F5-64FC-440B-A6BA-88E4BA3E6637.jpeg

Thank you! And thanks for the videos and advice! Wouldn’t be anywhere near this easy without the community publishing such detailed knowledge.

This is probably a sacrilegious question, but if you were to weather a V3, but you wanted to make it lore-friendly, how would that work?

I'm torn because I like the cobbled together look of the V3, as it encapsulates that Star Wars aesthetic, but I also like the ISYHCANL hilt, because it's canon.

SWLB_March_2020-208.jpg

I really dig this look but using metal tape to achieve it doesn't appeal to me, like Luke wouldn't have put tape on his hilt, y'know?

This is probably a sacrilegious question, but if you were to weather a V3, but you wanted to make it lore-friendly, how would that work?

I'm torn because I like the cobbled together look of the V3, as it encapsulates that Star Wars aesthetic, but I also like the ISYHCANL hilt, because it's canon.

View attachment 1561995

I really dig this look but using metal tape to achieve it doesn't appeal to me, like Luke wouldn't have put tape on his hilt, y'know?
As in you’re wanting to make a version that has features of both the V3, and the ISYHCANL?

Personally I am interested more in lightsabers as props, so I make them based strictly on the real life objects, but I can definitely see the allure of an ISYHCANL that’s more heavily weathered like the V3.

As in you’re wanting to make a version that has features of both the V3, and the ISYHCANL?

Personally I am interested more in lightsabers as props, so I make them based strictly on the real life objects, but I can definitely see the allure of an ISYHCANL that’s more heavily weathered like the V3.

Yeah, exactly. I figured most people would want to recreate the prop. I prefer the varying textures on the V3, and how the clamp is a separate piece. The ISYHCANL is just one solid piece, and it just doesn't look like Luke assembled it out of parts, presuming he based his on plans/instructions/notes that Obi-Wan left him.

View attachment 1561995

I think you could achieve a similar aesthetic by polishing the parts that are supposed to be covered in tape, and chemically darkening the other exposed metal. I’d polish up the clamp, grip rings, emitter, and parts of the pommel. Then I’d weather back the grip rings a bit, mask off the polished areas, and hit the rest with some aluminum black. Paint up the appropriate black and copper areas, and Bob’s your uncle.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back