RPF Facebook Public/Private Group Question

bobatrek

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
If my FB friend "Joe" is not a member of the RPF FB group, will he see my sale posts if he does not openly view the group/will it come across his feed since we are friends?

And generally speaking, why wouldn't the RPF be private, all things considered?

Thanks!

If my FB friend "Joe" is not a member of the RPF FB group, will he see my sale posts if he does not openly view the group/will it come across his feed since we are friends?

Thanks!

The RPF FB group is a public group. Whether your friend WILL see it is debately. Whether he COULD see it... ehhh.. possible?

There is no need for the group to be private, so it isn't.

Thanks!
Speaking from experience, it will come across his feed. Well, maybe. I've had random family members "like" my sales posts from the RPF Facebook group and I know they are not members. Just one of those weird Facebook things that the RPF group has no control over.

Does the RPF Facebook page have any actual "discussions"? Because when I click on that all I get are sales posts.
I'm in another group where this happened. Somehow it got turned into a "sales" group and now sales posts are prioritized by Facebook's top posts algorithm. I almost never visit that group anymore now unless I'm selling something.

It's weird, because on my FB news feed I'll see RPF posts talking about props people have bought or made as actual conversations, I'll comment on them but if someone else comments and I click on that notification it doesn't take me to that.

It's weird, because on my FB news feed I'll see RPF posts talking about props people have bought or made as actual conversations, I'll comment on them but if someone else comments and I click on that notification it doesn't take me to that.
Yep, that's exactly how it works in that other group I mentioned. My only guess is that when a group is categorized as a "sale" group, that the group's automated "top post" become all sales posts, and Facebook's dumb algorithms aren't smart enough to automatically send you to the post you're looking for even if it's "from notifications."
w6z260h.png

CT1138 is correct. The RPF group is primarily defined (by FB) as a sales group so sales posts are prioritized. However, there is a TON of discussion that goes on in the group. You can get to it by clicking Discussion at the top of the FB page.

Screenshot 2020-10-26 074554.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back