Suggestion RPF ad would not shut off.

joeranger

Sr Member
I was on the Movies and entertainment forum responding to the
Top grossing...thread and the Humera ad started playing loudly. I was on a conf call and I couldn't shut it off, pause it or mute it.
I know ads help pay for the site. Just wanted to make a note in case it becomes and issue for others.

I can't even scroll down any page displaying an ad without it jumping back up to the ad.

Scroll down two rolls of the wheel, jumps back up to the ad.

Scroll down three rolls of the wheel, jumps back up to the ad.

Scroll down as fast as I can with the wheel to get well past the ad, jumps back up to the ad.

It's been going on for two days now, I can't stand it!

I deal with it long enough to read two threads and then I close my browser because my computer fan goes into hyper-blow mode.

----------------- I am just gonna go premium soon... should have done it years ago anyway. this is my favorite forum. :)

Last edited:
I don't mind the ads. They pay for this forum. Actually, they are usually for something I was just looking at. (not coincidentally)
It was the inability to mute the sound.

The ads shouldn't be doing this, but every now and then a less than honest advertiser will force code into place that they aren't supposed to. If this happens to you, please click the ad that is causing the trouble (I swear, we aren't trying to get you to click ads) and report back to us the URL that you land on so we can block them in our ad service.

...It was the inability to mute the sound.

In Firefox you can right-click the tab and mute the sound. I do this whenever I expect an ad or video that can't be stopped.

SWuO5RC.jpg

I had the scrolling/jumping thing last night with an ad. Super annoying. The funny thing is, I couldn't even tell you what the ad was for. They're like white noise to me now.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back