RPF 2014 Halloween Costume Contest - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Re: RPF 2014 Halloween Costume Contest - VOTING OPEN

Michael, why aren't you on this list? I use build threads to help me figure out who to vote for when I'm stuck and I noticed you in the gallery but you weren't on here...

Michael, why aren't you on this list? I use build threads to help me figure out who to vote for when I'm stuck and I noticed you in the gallery but you weren't on here...

I had to upload biniccr's image because he was having troubles. I reported it multiple times to have a mod change it to look like biniccr uploaded it but I guess they didn't. :(

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

I don't have enough friends on here :lol but will try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another year of great costume entries. :thumbsup

However, one thing that really gets me is that someone will spend a lot of time and money on creating and entering a costume in this contest and then sell themselves short with a poor photo. I know that not everyone has access to a professional photographer, but put a little effort into getting into a setting that showcases your costume build. At the very least, go outside and get a photo in the sunlight with trees, a brick wall, or some other neutral background. Selfies in the bathroom mirror are not going to get votes on this forum, no matter how nice the costume. Oh ... and use a digital camera, not your cell phone.

Cell phone cameras are too convenient and nearly on par with low-end cameras, but you're right. They just don't look the same. I'll definitely be using a better camera in the future.

Forgot to post last night, but voting is now finished! Stay tuned on November 20th for the final results!

In case anyone is wondering what we'll do to break ties, the entry that ranks higher from the judges will be considered to have an extra vote.

Another year of great costume entries. :thumbsup

However, one thing that really gets me is that someone will spend a lot of time and money on creating and entering a costume in this contest and then sell themselves short with a poor photo. I know that not everyone has access to a professional photographer, but put a little effort into getting into a setting that showcases your costume build. At the very least, go outside and get a photo in the sunlight with trees, a brick wall, or some other neutral background. Selfies in the bathroom mirror are not going to get votes on this forum, no matter how nice the costume. Oh ... and use a digital camera, not your cell phone.

Funny you say that.. and it's a valid point... but... go to a comicon or wherever, in full suit by yourself and find a convenient place for a camera :p and some good shots, depends on the character I guess but still, I had to trawl through some guys website for hours to fish out some pics and he didn't even upload any of the good ones. So there's kind of a reliance on others. which is why I would hope people looked through the build threads etc to get more of an idea on who to vote for.

Anyway in the spirit of it, good luck and all that jazz to everyone! :)

Re: RPF 2014 Halloween Costume Contest - VOTING CLOSED

Any idea why the number of entries were down so dramatically when compared to last year?

Looks like there are 3 more entries for 2014 than 2013, so entries are up on a whole.

Any idea why the number of entries were down so dramatically when compared to last year?

As Bigdaddy points out, we're still about the same amount of entries. However things like this flux year to year. Two years ago when I did this the first time there were tonnes of entries. We actually put some rules in place that make things more fair overall but perhaps reduced overall participation.

Either way there's a load of great entries this year, and we expect next year will be the same. :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back