"[Eyeofsauron's] 2014 Halloween Costume Contest Entry: Deathstroke-Arkham Origins"

EyeofSauron

Master Member
/temporary Edit for the halloween contest:

I created this costume over 6 months, from foam and random materials.
The helmet i made using the 3d model from the game rip, and i used paper mache and paper mache clay to get the perfect shape
all of the costume was budgeted, so it didnt cost more than 100 bucks
Weapons were created with wood and plastic piping. the metal effect was done by using aluminium tape
This was my first costume where i made everything myself including patterns. to get everything to be sized correctly and proportionally to everything else was a challenge.
I also had to handsew all the pouches because i didnt like any available pouches. first venture into sewing :)
This was a labour of love for the character, getting as close as possible to the reference art. more info on progress and pictures can be found throughout the thread, proof pic in last post :)

/edit/
_________

so, im planning on doing this costume as one of 3 for a con in august. now, im aware lots of people have made this helmet, but everyone ive seen has made it as a 2 part helmet, with straps in between.
now after some research, this might be "off"

ok, so lets have some pics:

Here you can see what most people have made so far, assuming theres a head band or similar inbetween the plates, and the helmet connected by plates.
deathstroke helmet research 1.png

at this point its allready very much visible, that theres no cloth inbetween there, cause it is very much structured.

Now, if we look deeper into the game itself, in the Deathstroke Bossfight, Batman hits Deathstroke in the head, knocking his helmet off. It comes clean off as one piece, and leaves a neck seal:
neck seal.png

now this leaves me with the conclusion, that this is acutally a 3 part helmet, where the straps only serve the purpose of keeping the connection plate in place.
deatjstroke research 2.png

it might also be possible, that the back and connection plate are in one piece, and the straps make it adjustable to put on.

in any way, the fabric end parts are only there for effect, and tied directly to the back plate.

does anyone have any more insight into this?

cheers
EoS

Last edited:
Re: deathstroke arkham origins helmet research - now with in game models, working on

ok, i got the game model of death stroke now, and my thoughts (at least according to the game model look) have been confirmed.
the back plate is a seperate model, and the helmet is actually a 4 part helmet, because the jaw insert is also seperate. also the belts go inside the face plate quite a bit, but thats unneccessary.

i allready modified and split everything up in 3d, so it can be used in a pep file, its a bit high poly, but buildable.
the rest of the armor is not as high detailed, but still workable as patterns, but the helmet of the in game model is very detailed.

see here for the split helmet view:
deathstroke back.jpgdeathstroke front.png

i also left the bandana pieces in, cause they are easy to use for length reference, and they didnt need any work :D

Re: deathstroke arkham origins helmet research - now with in game models, working on

nice catch on the four piece, i never would have seen that. can't wait to see how this turns out

Re: deathstroke arkham origins helmet research - now with accurate pep file!

well ive finished the model, finished the pep file, and build the pep file.

luckily, its a perfect fit, cause this is not an easy pep file, just for reference, it took an experienced pep builder like me 3 days to build. but im reeeeeeally happy how it turned out! now for the next steps (alltho im building a lich king helmet first :D)

so, heres the link to the pep file download:
deathstroke helmet by EyeofSauron - Download - 4shared

and here are some pics of the finished piece:
1913498_607614605991404_1094366588_o.jpg
1908234_607614299324768_1436744324_n.jpg

WOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!:thumbsup
It is fantastic, your work is amazing!!

looks cool but isnt the right eye supossed to be coved. sorry about my spelling but your mask does look awesome.

looks cool but isnt the right eye supossed to be coved. sorry about my spelling but your mask does look awesome.

It is covered. He took that picture in a mirror, obviously.

Looks solid dude! Thank you for sharing the pep file. Might have a go at this mask myself. I *love* his Arkham design.

yep cosblade got it right, its correct, its just mirrored cause that was the only way to take the photo in the mirror :D i couldve flipped the pictures but i didnt think about it :D

Hey if you could get around to it do you think you could make a two eyes version? Honestly you have made one of best deathstroke files and I just kinda prefer to not have my sight obscure lol.

yep cosblade got it right, its correct, its just mirrored cause that was the only way to take the photo in the mirror :D i couldve flipped the pictures but i didnt think about it :D

How's the scaling for your file by the way? I've got a 23" crown so since this has so many folds, it'd be great to know if the scaling will work for me before dumping a couple days into this project. :)

Hey if you could get around to it do you think you could make a two eyes version? Honestly you have made one of best deathstroke files and I just kinda prefer to not have my sight obscure lol.

Judging by the pep file, you could just print out doubles of the left side of the mask and then invert them to work as the right side. Looks like it would work just fine that way. Even if it's a little off, after fiberglassing and bondo work it would look fine.

I have casts of two deathstroke origins masks that I'm selling in my for sales thread. I have one with one eye and one with two eyes if you're interested just send me a PM. I tried to send you a PM but it wouldn't let me.

Re: deathstroke arkham origins build - Pep file&Pattern inside! Sword finished!

ok, im switching back and forth between my lichking build and this one!
now i invested 3 days into the sword, and the finished result really looks cool, or at least i think so. i pretty much nailed the concept art, if i can pat myself on the shoulder here a bit :D

on the first pic, the top sword is the concept art, the middle one is mine without flash, and the third one is with flash. the rest are some detail shots!
btw its also perfectly balanced, at the half circle shape, as i intended it to be. i didnt think i could do it but i somehow managed it :D
im also gonna add the pattern i made for the sword, if anyone wants to use it for themselves, i would be pleased to be credited :)

Attachments

• 20140406_153050.jpg
    20140406_153050.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 468
  • deathstroke sword finished.jpg
    deathstroke sword finished.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 1,626
  • 20140406_153054.jpg
    20140406_153054.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 615
  • deathstroke sword.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 405
  • 20140406_153712.jpg
    20140406_153712.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 477

Awesome build! Both mask and sword!

The sword is fantastic! Is it a real metal sword?
no its actually just made to look like metal :)

i finished the staff today too, turned out to my liking, especially cause it cost me like 8 bucks materialwise :)(well i guess its more expensive if you take into account all the stuff i had at home allready :D)

some pics:

Attachments

• 20140409_002234.jpg
    20140409_002234.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 711
  • 20140409_002051.jpg
    20140409_002051.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 448
  • 20140409_002057.jpg
    20140409_002057.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 390
  • 20140409_002031.jpg
    20140409_002031.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 623
  • staff.jpg
    staff.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 566
Re: deathstroke arkham origins build - Pep file&Pattern inside! Sword+staff finished!

I am so jealous I hope my suit and weapons turn out this good!

- Gavin

Re: deathstroke arkham origins build - Pep file&Pattern inside! Sword+staff finished!

Nice work looks great I started with the back plate took me about 3 hours I am taking my time with this build I also took out the "knot" piece and fabricated my own patch, I really like deathstroke

May I ask when you started with the mask with the eye socket what part did you start with I am thinking of starting in the middle going outward and thanks so so much for this excellent pep file you really made my day

heh, i dont even remember :D sorry, im pretty sure i just started in the middle and went outwards :)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back