Royal Armoury of THRAIN

Ozymandias

I am a long time Dwarf fan, ever since I was a boy and first read the hobbit I fell in love with them.

I'm looking to start a Thrain armour build and am under no illusions this will be a test. I also don't expect it to be a quick build but I want this to be as close to accurate as possible.

I am currently compiling reference material to help me work on the design, patterning and scaling of the costume, I have the below images already but if you have anything else I would love to see it.

Usual profile pics would be awesome as well as any under armour shots.

Thanks

Chest.jpg
the-hobbit-dos-dwarf-armour-thrain.jpg
thorin-and-father.png
Thrain Costume.png

- - - Updated - - -

I have had a first stab at modeling up the belt buckle and a dwarven chain link.

I am likely to buy a 3D printer to help with this build and will be getting clay to work on the modelling of this.

Capture.PNGChain link.PNG

I'm have a couple of ideas but both involve getting some 3D printed. I need to get a friend to print them to see if they are actually OK before I decide to either cast 100,000 of them or pay for them to be made.

Wish Weta would sell the rings but they don't.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back