RomanProps: STEEL IS REAL V2

Thanks to a fellow RPF member I added Roman’s V2 to the collection today. It’s a thing of beauty. Here it is alongside my other Roman Props lightsabers.

C0FE1A05-F024-469C-BD82-AF47CC42A5DD.jpeg

UPDATE 11-16-19
Trent has gone over the measurements, the stencils that work for starkillers V2 will work on the romans. if you're looking for a stencil kit. purchase a starkiller v2 set.

Hey Gang, so Roman has announced his Steel V2. Since its Steel and not aluminum i don't want anyone confused on weathering tips and tricks in my other threads, so Im starting this STEEL IS REAL thread now. here are some photos from facebook, and Rudys run thread.

View attachment 1063158
View attachment 1063159

View attachment 1063160

View attachment 1048486

View attachment 1048487

View attachment 1048488

View attachment 1060967

View attachment 1060968

Don't have much info as of yet, but He posted a few pictures. Rudy is also doing one of his amazing crystal chambers for it! and has the run up live now!

I will eventually convert these first 3 pages into a aging tutorial, but for now we can discuss anything about it now in here

Thankfully I’ve fooled around with a lot of aging chemicals, and my wheels are already turning on what to use on this! thankfully it’s already on the shelf in the shed!! Can’t wait to see the outcome!

What we know so far

- all steel construction
- FX compatible
- roman makes his own lever and cone knob for it
- Rudy has a Crystal chamber for it
- looks like the 3d printed chassis for Romans MK1 will fit the V2 with little modification

***we haven’t seen Romans nipple yet :

Pommel pics coming soon!
** Pommel pics added 9/21/19

Could you please tell me if the pommel from the romans, will fit inside of an Anakin starkiller hilt. Long story short I need to replace the pommel on mine and I can’t find an Anakin starkiller pommel anywhere. Thanks

Could you please tell me if the pommel from the romans, will fit inside of an Anakin starkiller hilt. Long story short I need to replace the pommel on mine and I can’t find an Anakin starkiller pommel anywhere. Thanks

Covered this in a PM, the romans does fit inside the starkiller ;)

Wanted to check this thread to see if anyone has installed one of these yet? Still can’t seem to find a chassis anywhere. I’ve seen some use a Goth chassis designed for MK1, but it’s slight too long for the V2 (pommel has to be pulled out a bit). Recently got a beautiful Rudy Pando crystal chamber and itching to install it. Thanks in advance for any info.

A Roman V2 I was working on for a customer. Pre Pommel cube aging, tape etc :)

The thing was completely covered in rust, all that salty air from the trip across the atlantic I assume. Cleaned up nicely with vinegar and scotchbrite. The booster darkened with malt vinegar and water and came out really lovely. The top had the same treatment but to a lesser solution.

Paintes were self etching primer, matt black (the enamel first didn't take so this stuffs on there for good). Then Matt black enamel over the top.... then browns on the neck.... though that's hard to see in this light. I then hit it with some satin clear coat.

rmv2.jpg

Last edited:
I just used the Goth MK1 chassis. I’d recommend an 18350 or else your speaker will physically touch the battery. No good. I did mod the booster/pommel section to give a couple more mm length.
The MK1 chassis is ever so slightly too long. Easy to compensate for by loosening the set screw that holds those parts together,
screw in the booster all the way.
The pommel should be free to move at this point, just push it in till it stops and back it off a mm or 2. Retighten set screw.
There’s a ring there on the pommel section that may interfere with the set screw. Just mark that spot and hit it with your dremel just enough to take the set screw.
It’s on the inside anyway.
Hope that helps.
Darkmatter73

I’m curious of this as well.. I’d like the get a working chassis in the v3 somehow without losing the Rudy cc.
Amazing hybrid btw!!!
If my memory is correct there is even less fork in the pando V3 then the steel v2

I can figure that all out or maybe start a new post. I don’t wanna hijack this thread.
But back to the OP topic, I’ve wanted a Romans to add to my collection and missed out. Hopefully there will be more coming!!

Ok so I thought I’d share this one.. it’s a Romans V2 with a modified Shtok chassis / connectors.. ( still installing ) but I just finished the crystal chamber. I used a Moldavite crystal ( you know.... using a space meteor crystal seemed to make sense LOL )
Anyway :p some WIPs... I’ll edit this post with updates .....

Attachments

• 8F8E4107-EE7B-4E7A-B9C5-74E8BC2E4ECB.jpeg
    8F8E4107-EE7B-4E7A-B9C5-74E8BC2E4ECB.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 127
  • FB77838D-8057-4283-8F78-4A042F01C474.jpeg
    FB77838D-8057-4283-8F78-4A042F01C474.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 147
  • DD362A1F-13C0-4D4B-9964-6D96878C3D36.jpeg
    DD362A1F-13C0-4D4B-9964-6D96878C3D36.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 153
  • BAB0D49E-04BA-493B-BC02-294D434E52E9.jpeg
    BAB0D49E-04BA-493B-BC02-294D434E52E9.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 154
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back