RomanProps: STEEL IS REAL V2

Just saw there is a restock coming late march! I would like your guys opinion on this, I currently have a 7Chambers V2 on preorder and while I'm sure it'll be fantastic just like their MoM, the 'steel' of the Romans version really calls out to me because I LOVE the weight of his MK1 and I know this is heavy, just like that. I intent to keep it static. I don't know if there is anyone who knows of any major differences in the accuracy of the dimensions but do you think getting Romans steel (machine finish) V2 and then getting it accurately weathered would be a better choice over just sticking with the Chambers/Veracity set to ship fairly soon? It may not be a big deal for some but second to accuracy, weight is very important to me lol.

Just saw there is a restock coming late march! I would like your guys opinion on this, I currently have a 7Chambers V2 on preorder and while I'm sure it'll be fantastic just like their MoM, the 'steel' of the Romans version really calls out to me because I LOVE the weight of his MK1 and I know this is heavy, just like that. I intent to keep it static. I don't know if there is anyone who knows of any major differences in the accuracy of the dimensions but do you think getting Romans steel (machine finish) V2 and then getting it accurately weathered would be a better choice over just sticking with the Chambers/Veracity set to ship fairly soon? It may not be a big deal for some but second to accuracy, weight is very important to me lol.
So Roman has said, it’s not intended to be 100% accurate. It’s goal wasn’t supposed to be high accuracy as much as it was supposed to be moderately accurate, with a beefy structure (being made of steel). So the weight being the unique offering for this V2. As a side note, the Steel also doesn’t weather up like aluminum does. It won’t blacken up really, and the emitter doesn’t dent well on the steel either. So it comes down to personal preference between weight and accuracy. Dave Parkin’s V2 offering is a good medium between heavy and being very accurate. It also has a rod bearings inside like the original prop, as he was intending for it to be a static display piece. (it’s also made of aluminum so it will weather nicely) Hope this helps! But the Veracity guys will definitely also be achieving peak accuracy on their model! If FX options are your interest, theirs is your choice without a doubt. Starkiller is also doing another upgraded run this year at some point.

From what I understand AS/Halliwax’ machining might be completed before ours.
Maybe one of them knows where they are at :p

If you want the heaviest and that is your primary goal: get a steel Roman’s and put a steel core in or make it motorized…. Though I don’t know how you would as the internal assembly is about the same as the MK1FX.
Dave’s run is complete so that would need to be a second hand buy but considering it is a static, despite aluminum, would still be pretty hand heavy if installed with a motor assembly (or again) steel core)

For that matter, any aluminum FX hilt could have steel added in the core if you plan it out and only intend to display it.

So Roman has said, it’s not intended to be 100% accurate. It’s goal wasn’t supposed to be high accuracy as much as it was supposed to be moderately accurate, with a beefy structure (being made of steel). So the weight being the unique offering for this V2. As a side note, the Steel also doesn’t weather up like aluminum does. It won’t blacken up really, and the emitter doesn’t dent well on the steel either. So it comes down to personal preference between weight and accuracy. Dave Parkin’s V2 offering is a good medium between heavy and being very accurate. It also has a rod bearings inside like the original prop, as he was intending for it to be a static display piece. (it’s also made of aluminum so it will weather nicely) Hope this helps! But the Veracity guys will definitely also be achieving peak accuracy on their model! If FX options are your interest, theirs is your choice without a doubt. Starkiller is also doing another upgraded run this year at some point.
Thanks for the advice, too much choice lol.

From what I understand AS/Halliwax’ machining might be completed before ours.
Maybe one of them knows where they are at :p

If you want the heaviest and that is your primary goal: get a steel Roman’s and put a steel core in or make it motorized…. Though I don’t know how you would as the internal assembly is about the same as the MK1FX.
Dave’s run is complete so that would need to be a second hand buy but considering it is a static, despite aluminum, would still be pretty hand heavy if installed with a motor assembly (or again) steel core)

For that matter, any aluminum FX hilt could have steel added in the core if you plan it out and only intend to display it.
Thank you. I think I'll stick with the 7C version in that case. Accuracy is still #1 priority over weight but if its possible to add a steel rod just like Romans static mk1 then I guess that'll be the way to go. Was really hoping for one or two of those crystal chambers but I was too late on that, maybe one day lol. Thanks again.

The starkiller should be out wicked soon, I have a thread with official weigh in’s I need to update it with DaveP’s but I have already weighed the Starkiller DS2 and the DaveP and the DS2 is 70 grams lighter then the DaveP. The hilts weight exactly the same, it’s the pommels that make the difference

Dave’s pommel is 70 grams heavier then the AS DS2

I am away from home right now, and don’t remember the exact numbers.. but I’m pretty sure with out the steel drive shaft and bearings, the DS2 came in at 1lb 3oz

Will all my starkiller V2’s I have a aluminum core I call the silver shaft, along with accurate drive shaft and double bearing setup which adds another 600 grams

Here is that thread
Official Luke RoTJ V2 weigh in!!

The Roman’s still holds the title today for the heaviest, with the right chemicals and sealant you can age this up to look like the real prop today

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back