Rogue One Rebel Soldier Helmet

You’re a king among weirdos my friend.

Looking at all the pics, again, I am pretty convinced that we are seeing a 2 tone paint job of a dark blue dusted over with olive drab. This causes the helmets to look either dark blue or dark green, depending on the lighting and variances among hand-made helmets.

I boosted the color and adjusted the light on the attached photo...you can clearly see the 2 tone paint job of black/dark blue with a weathered olive drab.

I’m a fan of green too... but I’m also a weirdo so I don’t know if I can be taken serious anymore

Attachments

• 80592719-0444-4484-8450-D79002E2BCF5.jpeg
    80592719-0444-4484-8450-D79002E2BCF5.jpeg
    184.2 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Thanks!

The weathering of the cover was achieved first, with a couple of spray downs with espresso. (The helmet currently has the light smell of a coffee shop ;) )

Following that, I used basic modeler’s weathering techniques of using diluted paint washes, applied with sponges, and various shades of pastels applied with brushes along the high spots and thread lines. This was followed by some weathering of the actual surface of the cover with light grits of sandpaper and steel wool.

I used Super 77 to adhere the cover to the helmet, which worked fantastically.

So far, this is a super fun project!

Love it! It's looking great! Coffee is my first "go to" weathering tool for fabric. Smells great when you take it out of storage!

You’re a king among weirdos my friend.

Looking at all the pics, again, I am pretty convinced that we are seeing a 2 tone paint job of a dark blue dusted over with olive drab. This causes the helmets to look either dark blue or dark green, depending on the lighting and variances among hand-made helmets.

I boosted the color and adjusted the light on the attached photo...you can clearly see the 2 tone paint job of black/dark blue with a weathered olive drab.

Completely agree over the 2 tones, this also explains why each characters don’t exactly match the same color green/blue

I've ordered from Coleman's in the past with good service.( I see they have updated the look of the site)

Interesting that they mention the box being used in R1.
I think I payed about $14 each for mine when R1 came out.

I've ordered from Coleman's in the past with good service.( I see they have updated the look of the site)

Thanks! This is something I’ll defiantly be ordering after the holidays

Any chance you can take some close up shots of the seal by itself and also some measurements when in its natural state?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back