Rogue One - Jyn Erso BlasTech A180 Blaster Pistol

Detreut: any chance of making a small run of those parts? Or are the molds gone already?

I am pretty interested in metal parts as the evike stuff is not good enough...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm considering it.. the big problem is that the complexity of the mold regarding the shroud force me to make up to 10 castings before I get a "perfect" casting with very few imperfections and the demolding is a nightmare for the silicone rubber haha. This means that I dont know how many good castings I can get out of the mold before it is worn out, my guess is up to 5 :/

It really depends on what the castings would be worth, a guess on the material cost is maybe 45 Euro. It would be raw castings like the one still embedded in the mold, but I still have screws and everything in quite big supply :)

(I can't help anyone out regarding the barrel though, my process to make that part is easily replicated with my CAD-files... but it is insanely fiddly and time consuming)

Last edited:
Propstore has a Gatwick airport exhibition replica costume display up for auction, here:

https://propstoreauction.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/138/lot/28671/

Included in the listing are these excellent photos of the holster-filler stunt blaster!

img15.jpg

img16.jpg

While the costume is known to be a replica, it's unclear if the accompanying prop is as well, though it's certainly quite different from what we've seen before. It's interesting that the left side has the sling mount swivel as seen on the Battlefront model, but not seen in the movie.

This week's Star Wars Show had a little feature about a new prop display at Lucasfilm headquarters and featured this brief but excellent view of what is presumably a hero prop from the movie rather than an exhibit replica (other items in the case seemed to be as well):

View attachment 904201

Do you know the name of that episode?

I found this episode shows: Jyn's toys; Phasma blaster; Solo blaster & dice; Roses ring; Luke's compass; Reys lightsaber & blaster
"GOT Creators Making New Star Wars film, Up Close with the Falcon"

Do you know the name of that episode?

I found this episode shows: Jyn's toys; Phasma blaster; Solo blaster & dice; Roses ring; Luke's compass; Reys lightsaber & blaster
"GOT Creators Making New Star Wars film, Up Close with the Falcon"

It was this one, “Meet Resistance’s Neeku and Get Out the Star Wars Vote”

Yesterday I was helping a friend clean up the garage, we checked the drawers of a cabinet that needed to go to the curb, and what do I see? A real actual Luger! Even though it was in rough shape (rusty), I was tempted to ask if I could buy/have it. But then I thought about the fact that it was real and the legal liabilities of possessing what is likely an unregistered handgun, and I resisted the urge.

That still must have been very hard to resist. I wonder if it was something that his grandfather, or someone else in his family, brought back from WWII.
Did you ask him what he plans to do with it?

My friend lives with a woman whose late husband was in the military. They were stationed all over the world, so it's possible the father picked it up somewhere, but he was too young to have been in WWII. I've been given some things that would otherwise have been thrown out, but that might've been too much of an ask. I mentioned that it was the base for a prop gun in a Stat Wars movie, but no offer was made.

But then the conversion would require top quality parts, which might be expensive to acquire, and maybe more detailed work than I can do, so maybe it's for the best that I not have it :rolleyes:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back