Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Pre-release)

gallery-1476450251-star-wars-rogue-one-undercover.jpg

*sulks* "Not Excited" HARUMPH!

Man, maybe I'm getting old and that's made less whiny about movies, but I'm just stoked we're getting quality space adventures that are NOTHING like the prequels.

Rogue One took a while to get me super excited, but I never saw a reason to get negative about it... and still haven't.

I just don't get when people whine about what we're seeing!

"Vader's walking too fast!" WHAT!?

I just had lunch with a bunch of curmudgeon 30-40 year old animators... these guys hate everything... and yet everyone was excited to see Rogue one. And then we had a round table discussion about what was great about TFA...

Then I come on these boards and there are posts that TFA is TERRIBLE?... worse than ROTS?.... And people have to try to tell people to stop being negative about ROGUE ONE!?

Oh internet.

TFA and Rogue one are like the movies my friends and I FANTASIZED about when we hung out back in the early 90's.

"Give me something to be excited about"...

We should take Star Wars away, let everyone have 10 years of NOTHING but fan fiction, then dump "The Further Adventures of Slave Annie and Jar Jar Binks" on them.

I must say odds are looking very good R1 will deliver even for us that loathe TFA or found the prequels less
than enduring or endearing.

I've truly not been this excited for SW since the days before ROTJ premiere.
This is big for me. And I hope to be back in the loving it as much as everyone else club,
because it sucks on the outside.

I must say odds are looking very good R1 will deliver even for us that loathe TFA or found the prequels less
than enduring or endearing.

I've truly not been this excited for SW since the days before ROTJ premiere.
This is big for me. And I hope to be back in the loving it as much as everyone else club,
because it sucks on the outside.

We'll leave the light on for 'ya. :)

What the hell is that supposed to mean? I didnt know what he was referring to! :lol

Not you, Neil's consistent negativity appears in threads with the tedious consistency of an unloved season. :) It's difficult to consider someone part of our community when he has 20+ people on ingnore. I've had plenty of dust ups with other members over the past 15 years, never once put anyone on ignore.

Last edited:
At least I know what I am... how many others on here can say the same?

Join with me fellow grumps and rise again...or something. i think that's what i'm supposed to say here after constantly getting nagged on for not being part of the happy lemming group.

anyone else wanna bring it up?

no? then put me on ignore.

At least I know what I am... how many others on here can say the same?

Join with me fellow grumps and rise again...or something. i think that's what i'm supposed to say here after constantly getting nagged on for not being part of the happy lemming group.

anyone else wanna bring it up?

no? then put me on ignore.

i don't put people on ignore, I know what I am and I am made of sterner stuff then you apparently.

Done. Good grief. Some people just can't help themselves.

I have my my tickets for the Thursday show. My buddy is driving from South Carolina to Maryland so we can see it together.

If you constantly have to ask people to block you, maybe you don't have anything worth while to say?

I can't believe it's only Tuesday and already I'm being bombarded with reviews and spoilers I have to avoid!

3 more days of this?!?! I have almost NOTHING to do at work... reading nerd sites is how I get through the day!

I don't even know WHAT can be spoiled, but I'm going into this movie knowing WAY less than I did with TFA and I like it that way.

And once again, my best bud and my brother are going at the same time as me, all at different moments. The idea is that the SECOND the movie ends, you have to text the first word that comes to you.

For TFA...

ME - OUTSTANDING

BUDDY - CHILLS

BROTHER - Got tears, dammit!

(My brother wasn't getting the game...)

even more paradoxical, it's a constant attention attempt....

So,

What, then, is someone constantly ragging on me for how i like to do things, and being confrontational about it?

seems like they have their own issues.

And no matter how often i try to ignore it and go about my busines, I see it quoted in posts....so, do I ignore it and let them go on like an ass?
or do I address it? considering they'll do it anyway, knowing i have them on ignore?

Or maybe now i'm playing the victim by addressing it and sticking up for how i do things my way.
I never can tell how you types will react to common sense things here..

you people make it more a chore to post here than anything.

DON'T LIKE ME? Put me on farking ignore. it's really that simple and it's really that adult.

i really can't wait to see what 'I'll wake up to tommorow and see how it's ballooned out of control....oh joy.
we do have mods around here, right?

We are discussing people who have hated SW since 1983. I doubt even a potentially great film cold mice that needle.

I have a feeling that since Lucas is out of the picture they will think everything is great. His disdain for Hollywood, to a point, rubbed people the wrong way I guess. Some people will never forgive getting rid of the opening credits! OTOH, Hollywood seems to hate scifi/fantasy in general.

After tomorrow I'm avoiding this thread until Mon, when I can go see it. After seeing the trailers I think they would have to try very hard to ruin it!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back