Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Pre-release)

I can't see that they'd do any changes that were that big. I can see Lucasfilm saying "Well this alien isn't from this planet, he's from X now." I don't see them really making huge changes like that. I think that from a story perspective Bail HAS to be on Alderaan so he has an alibi. I think in his mind they thought Leia's mission would go unnoticed and he could keep working from the inside.
It's not really a change (Greedo shooting (first) was a change) - we never saw it happen. Bail's name isn't mentioned in ANH and the only bit really get is Leia's line in the hologram... but, we do get this on Yavin IV:

"When we heard about Alderaan, we were afraid that you were... lost along with your father." But, they also thought Leia was there, so there is a possibility.

Extremely unlikely, I know. The idea of it does amuse me - but, Bail is not a big enough character to warrant this type of attention...

Until we find out he's Snoke!
:lol

It's not really a change (Greedo shooting (first) was a change) - we never saw it happen. Bail's name isn't mentioned in ANH and the only bit really get is Leia's line in the hologram... but, we do get this on Yavin IV:

"When we heard about Alderaan, we were afraid that you were... lost along with your father." But, they also thought Leia was there, so there is a possibility.

Extremely unlikely, I know. The idea of it does amuse me - but, Bail is not a big enough character to warrant this type of attention...

Until we find out he's Snoke!
:lol

I thought the line was "when we heard about Alderaan, we feared the worst." Or did I miss an edition where it was changed?

Maybe Alderaan is the rendezvous point, away from the Rebel Base. She says he needs it to be delivered to him there, maybe it was a pick up-drop off in some bunker in the middle of nowhere and he'd pick it up once they left. Of course this is all speculation. How would Ben know where to go once he got to the planet? Does R2 have directions? A hidden map to Bail's location? Or is that too much of a callback/forward LOL

It's in the movie. Go watch it.
I just watched again it to confirm that it didn't follow the script that was online. "When we heard about Alderaan, we were afraid that you were... lost along with your father." wasn't in the film. "You're safe! We had feared the worst." is what made the cut, Willard's lines following were cut.

It all would've been at the 1:38:50 mark of the film.

INT. MASSASSI - MAIN HANGAR DECK

The military speeder stops in a huge spaceship hangar, set
up in the interior of the crumbling temple. Willard, the
commander of the Rebel forces, rushes up to the group and
gives Leia a big hug. Every one is pleased to see her.

WILLARD
(holding Leia)
You're safe! We had feared the worst.

Willard composes himself, steps back and bows formally.

WILLARD
When we heard about Alderaan, we
were afraid that you were... lost
along with your father.

LEIA
We don't have time for our sorrows,
Commander. The battle station has
surely tracked us here.
(looking pointedly to
Han)
It's the only explanation for the
ease of our escape. You must use the
information in this R2 unit to plan
the attack. It is our only hope.

Last edited:
This is the Star Wars I've been looking for!

Looks like some of those odd ball Rebel fleet ships are making a comeback.

mp4_snapshot_00.07_2016.12.06_16.11.17_zpsua7dxtvi.jpg

What's with all these Rogue One clips with terrible quality? I know that - and the new international trailer are from non-official sources, is LFL/Disney not releasing HD copies of these things?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back