Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Pre-release)

But as far as AT-ATS go, they've been impractical since 1980. Why have legs when you can hover/or fly? No legs to trip!

I only have a problem with the AT-ACTs, and not much else and for me the problem with them is that they seem pointless from logic/military standpoint, why would you spend the time and resources in building an AT-AT like cargo hauler when you could build something much simpler to do the same. It would be like the US taking an M1 Abrams chassis and converting it to haul cargo when we have a fleet of trucks to do it for much less? It just smacks too much of coming up with a new design for the sake of a new design, not that I'm opposed to new designs but they should make some sense.

As for the U-Wing, it makes perfect sense why we don't see it anywhere in the OT, it's because there's no need for it at any time during the OT. Think of it, in both ANH and Empire the Rebels were on the defensive, so no need for a light troop transport there, they have a base to protect. In Jedi, while they do go on the offensive it's also a covert mission that required sneaking in in a stolen Imperial shuttle, there's no way they could have pulled off the Endor raid in a U-Wing given that it doesn't seem to be an Imperial ship.

But as far as AT-ATS go, they've been impractical since 1980. Why have legs when you can hover/or fly? No legs to trip!

More damage :).

and it instills fear as you see it lumbering towards you :).

Live tour of skwywalker ranch on twitter video feed.

anyone know if it's archived?

Have period characters do modern singing/dancing. Let the characters have their dignity. I came a cross a reference to twerking being in there, boy am I glad I didn't see that.

Have period characters do modern singing/dancing. Let the characters have their dignity. I came a cross a reference to twerking being in there, boy am I glad I didn't see that.

Oh, but that's not what I posted, I posted a clip from the film and thought yu were referring to that not the Party invite video!

Sun. I asked my dad if he wanted to go with me to see this after seeing a trailer while watching football. He said "What's the purpose of the AT-AT? It doesn't make any sense. Why not use a hovering tank or something?" So I said in the EU, there are mines and traps that knock out hovering vehicles so it gets around that. It's a terror weapon and it just looked cool.

As for the U-Wing gunner cutting through a leg, do we actually see it cut through? I watched that once and wasn't sure if it cut through or just damaged the joint. I don't think the AT-ACT has weaker armor than the ESB AT-AT because it was being attacked by speeders with blaster cannons, which are weaker than the laser cannons on an X-Wing. Luke even says "That armor's too strong for blasters." The snowspeeder that did destroy one with blasters hit the neck area after it was knocked down. Presumably that armor is weak there. Also the Hoth turrets were supposedly anti-infantry (EU explanation), so they wouldn't do much to armor.

Some details about the end credits:

End Credits Leak confirms Leia, Tarkin and Dodonna!
Leia and Tarkin are definitely in the movie. Tarkin was a no doubter, but Leia has now been confirmed.

The actor playing Tarkin is Guy Henry.

The actress playing Leia is Ingvild Deila.

It looks like both the actors are basically stand-ins overlayed with CGI to look like Cushing and Fisher.

Also, they got an actor to play General Dodonna.

No R2-D2 listed in credits, but that could be because of Kenny Baker's death and/or there no longer being a little person inside.

It's either that or R2-D2 makes no appearance.

Somebody put it upon Reddit. Here is what he said.

Quote:
Because of my line of work, the end credits for Rogue One came across my desk the other day. While I couldn't take a picture of the screen (phone not allowed, and I like my job), I was able to scribble enough notes that offer some information about who is (and is not) in the film. When I got home, I snooped around online, and some of this isn't listed anywhere. Wanted to offer to share this with the good people of reddit... but I understand that I don't have verifiable proof (until the release date) that this is the real deal, and I didn't want to post this on /r/StarWars and get downvoted into oblivion. Fortunately, their mods suggested I post here. Anyway... here's my best recreation of the end credit...

Here is the list:
Quote:

JYN ERSO -- Felicity Jones
YOUNG JYN -- Beau Gadson
YOUNGER JYN -- Dolly Gadson
GALEN ERSO -- Mads Mikkelsen
LYRA ERSO -- Valene Kane
CASSIAN -- Diego Luna
K-2SO -- Alan Tudyk
CHIRRUT -- Donnie Yen
BAZE -- Jiang Wen
SAW -- Forest Whitaker
MON MOTHMA -- Genevieve O'Reilly
BAIL ORGANA -- Jimmy Smits
PRICESS LEIA -- Ingvild Deila... with Special Thanks to Carrie Fisher
DARTH VADER (VOICE) -- James Earl Jones
DARTH VADER -- Spencer Wilding & Daniel Naprous
KRENNIC -- Ben Mendelsohn
GOVERNOR TARKIN -- Guy Henry...with Special Thanks to Peter Cushing
GENERAL DODONNA -- Ian McElhinney (Ser Barristan!)
C3PO -- Anthony Daniels
2TUBES -- Aidan Cook
There were several more generals and senators listed, but no actors of note.

MUSIC BY -- Michael Giacchino
ORIGINAL STAR WARS MUSIC -- John Williams

The list is very interesting concerning the Sith Lord.

Notice there are two actors there. Is the second name Vader's stunt guy?

Remember Bob Anderson? He did all the duel stuff with Guinness and Hamill while Prowse did the rest.

Why have a second actor playing Vader if it isn't a stunt guy? And why hire a stunt guy if there is no action scene requiring one?

Is the Vader lightsaber rampage scene true?
mf_emoticon_monocle.gif

Source:http://millenniumfalcon.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=2025&t=9977&sid=086d8c60eae92aebcdd71e4d1aab2600

Terribly exciting,...not long now

J

Last edited by a moderator:
Sun. I asked my dad if he wanted to go with me to see this after seeing a trailer while watching football. He said "What's the purpose of the AT-AT? It doesn't make any sense. Why not use a hovering tank or something?" So I said in the EU, there are mines and traps that knock out hovering vehicles so it gets around that. It's a terror weapon and it just looked cool.

As for the U-Wing gunner cutting through a leg, do we actually see it cut through? I watched that once and wasn't sure if it cut through or just damaged the joint. I don't think the AT-ACT has weaker armor than the ESB AT-AT because it was being attacked by speeders with blaster cannons, which are weaker than the laser cannons on an X-Wing. Luke even says "That armor's too strong for blasters." The snowspeeder that did destroy one with blasters hit the neck area after it was knocked down. Presumably that armor is weak there. Also the Hoth turrets were supposedly anti-infantry (EU explanation), so they wouldn't do much to armor.

I think they should have used photon torpedos on 'em walkers :p

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back